Rolling Hills Estates 'rolling' down the hill in landslide

Originally published at: Rolling Hills Estates 'rolling' down the hill in landslide | Boing Boing

4 Likes

In an ironic twist inevitable result of poor engineering, Rolling Hills Estates, an affluent gated community in Southern California, now teeters precariously on the edge of disaster as a landslide is sending its residents’ million-dollar homes “rolling” down the hill.

14 Likes

Thanks for the fix!

4 Likes

I quite agree; they should have consulted Ronald Hamburger.

Now, wouldn’t it be ironic if it turns out that someone from Rolling Hills had moved into the Millennium Tower recently, or vice versa?

7 Likes

I’m going with “Ron Hamburger has a home in Rolling Hills”. How do I enter this betting pool?

6 Likes

I believe homes sliding off hills is an LA tradition, am I not correct? Seems to happen regularly, and you’d think they’d get the hint by now.

Also, this guy needs to learn how to adjust a hard hat so he can wear it properly. I know it’s for the “photo op” (which is a terrible thing to call a slow moving disaster in progress), but it looks numb.

6 Likes

But, their views!

7 Likes

I know it’s tempting to point and laugh at the silly rich people and gloat at their misfortune, but keep in mind that these are peoples’ homes and lives.

Realtor dot com tells me that the median home price in LA is $1.2 million. Looking at the affected area on Google Maps, it seems like they’re mostly duplexes and fourplexes, not single family homes. Condos maybe? These are far from the elite 1%.

Show a little compassion, people.

6 Likes

well, this is what happens when you build on top of subterranean lizard people cave systems.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.