RompHim goes out of business

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/romphim-goes-out-of-business.html

3 Likes

… and nothing of value was lost.

17 Likes

aww, sold out forever.

4 Likes

A solid assessment, I’d say

3 Likes

The name did them no favors.

4 Likes

Here’s a fun experiment: look at men’s tailoring and try to find situations in which “tighter is always better” was the designer’s motto.

It really spices up watching sports coverage when you can point out potential failure points in the suiting worn by football commentators.

What’s funny to me about RompHim specifically is that there are tons of fancy coveralls/onesies out there that do without the bro marketing/stupid patterns that seem to be having something of a moment. They probably could have pivoted had they tried.

4 Likes

Gone the way of parachute pants…

4 Likes

Looks like you need a mustache to pull this off.

2 Likes

Even if they had broadened their marketing beyond toxic bros i don’t think this could’ve had any longevity. If it was just a clothing manufacturer that did all kinds of stuff and happened to offer rompers to both genders that could be sustainable. Rompers are pretty niche to begin with.

3 Likes

I was born wearing jeans and flannel shirts, and that’s what I’ll be buried in.

11 Likes

I’m terribly sorry, I was informed thusly that you are not allowed to touch this.

18 Likes

Exactly. RompHim gave guys permission to wear boiler suits or coveralls casually.

It’s also a fast-fashion product that hasn’t changed in three years. QED.

6 Likes

So you mean timeless and relevant and eternally fashionable? I agree

(Deleted my previous post because I somehow managed to reply to this post while quoting another post. I’m not even sure how I did that).

3 Likes

How shady, they’re all sold out but they’re still selling gift cards.

6 Likes

Collectors items!

4 Likes

75% off rompers…wouldn’t that just be shorts?

17 Likes

That was unsuccessful, although there might be a niche market eventually:

5 Likes

The whole insinuation that romper suits are not about romping but rather being romped seems like a misstep. They couldn’t afford the extra ten seconds to get to “Bromper”?

6 Likes

I think the etymology of “RompHim” is that “Romper” sounds like “RompHer.” But “Bromper” is indeed better.

2 Likes

depends which end you start on…

2 Likes