Rooftop pool turns into wave pool in Taiwan earthquake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/05/rooftop-pool-turns-into-wave-pool-in-taiwan-earthquake.html

3 Likes

Reboing

ETA: Well I’ll be damned. I guess lightning really does strike twice sometimes. I stand corrected.

1 Like

oxoyi

5 Likes

A very unskilled considering of both those videos leads one to suspect that there might’ve been more than one rooftop pool affected in the recent Taiwan earthquake (as such, if you will, withal)

2 Likes

I dunno - it looks like it is a different rooftop pool, as it’s not sloshing over the sides.

7 Likes

Pools don’t even need to be on rooftops to get interesting during an earthquake.

8 Likes

Big woop - I’ve been to the wave pool at Oceans of Fun. :wink:

2 Likes

Happy Joy GIF by LEGO

NYC region just had a 4.7 quake that maybe would have tossed some rooftop pools if they were open yet.

Badass, idiot, or much, much more likely: terrified and got no other viable option

Though I suppose he could have jumped for it?

2 Likes

All valid possibilities. For some reason I still want to pick idiot. Given the short window of time I do wonder if staying in the middle so as not to get slammed against the sides of the pool may have been the best option.

The person filming however had options.

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

What options does the person filming have? Not filming I guess. What I see is two persons not panicking, which senses pretty sensible to me. They’re on a roof. The building will collapse or it won’t.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.