Rooster vs. cobra: who wins?

It’s the issue of venomous vs poisonous. Venom kills via injection into the bloodstream. Poison kills via ingestion. Cobra is venomous not poisonous.

2 Likes

Umm… You do realize they don’t just magically appear as full-grown snakes, right o.o’ ? Juveniles are common.

2 Likes

The snake’s completely cold blooded nature and its reptilian cunning were, sadly, no match for a creature whose ancestors were so metal, they survived a killer asteroid.

4 Likes

Don’t tell them! They don’t know yet!

3 Likes

probably doesn’t eat the venom glands.

1 Like

Damnit, why did you have to remind me that Murdoch owns NatGeo…

When it’s Dino vs Reptile, always bet on the dinosaur.

When 21rst Century Fox purchased NG they split it into two parts. The non profit National Geographic Society came away with a large endowment that will keep them afloat for some time and will continue to pursue the same mission and fund and partner with the likes of Wade Davis and David Cameron. The other half called “National Geographic Partners” includes NG TV ,which is what Fox REALLY wanted, and all the rest: the magazine and other print publications, studios, digital media, maps, children’s media, travel, licensing and e-commerce. It’s these that are currently taking a huge hit. Fox is continuing to layoff staff in each of these divisions which in turn will severely erode the brand and outreach. It’s truly sad what Fox is doing to the organization. I am personally affected by the takeover as several people close to me have lost their jobs recently.

To the Murdoch’s Nat Geo is just numbers on balance sheets which is a far, far, far cry from what National Geographic used to represent.

Rooster vs. Cobra: Who wins? Fox does.

3 Likes

So am I correct in my suspicion that these publications have become shallower and more sensationalized under Murdoch’s purview? I haven’t been subscribed to the magazine in ages, and I don’t have cable television.

1 Like

He wasn’t running off with it to protect the flock, he just didn’t want to share the meal!

3 Likes

10 Likes

My grandparent raised chickens, and I’ve always looked at roosters sideways… never trusted them.

John Wayne vs. Stallone? I think I saw that one.

3 Likes

“Did I ever tell you about the time I caught a worm that was THIS BIG?”

2 Likes

Baby snakes?!??!?!?!?

Yup. Or, at least, not quite adult.

By the way, folks, ingesting venom (as opposed to poison) is generally non-toxic, or at least not strongly so. In fact, that’s exactly how snake antivenin (AKA “antivenom”) is made and used! Furthermore, as plains/prairie/grassland birds, snakes in general are common in chickens’ diet, and they are actually notoriously effective at de-slithering the surrounding area.

1 Like

You know as much about snakes as I know about fishes!

No surprise to anybody who has been around chickens. I’ve seen them eat large mice that made the mistake of looking for some chicken feed to carelessly.

Unless it differs substantially from other snake venom; pretty much all the active ingredients are darkly elegant proteins; which do assorted gruesome things when injected; but get a “the only relevant part of that was ‘proteins’, right?” response from the digestive system; for which slicing up the other guy’s protein in preparation for conversion into more of you is pretty much the day job.

2 Likes

Next you’ll tell me that they don’t grow from spores. This is unacceptable.