Rousing rendition of Motörhead's "Ace of Spades" on church bells

Originally published at: Rousing rendition of Motörhead's "Ace of Spades" on church bells | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Cool. Now can we please hear it without the guitar that’s far too loud in the mix?

20 Likes

The devil made him do it! Lovely )

1 Like

You win some, you lose some

6 Likes

Came here to say this!

6 Likes

Talk about real heavy metal.

8 Likes

Having heard one of the very few travelling carillons in the US live over the years, I can say that they can be loud in their own right. However, that mix did have too much of the supporting guitar and drum in it.

1 Like

Ad for this video was for an electric bike: “100% electric, 100% quiet”.

I’d like that too.

1 Like

And without the drums, too, please.

Just the bells!

The bells! The bells, they have made me totally deaf.

(Quasimodo)

3 Likes

thehorns2
Edit: smaller horns

1 Like

They’re just following Lemmy & co.'s mixing preferences.

1 Like

Blasphemy!

Not that Idon"t love me sme Motorhead, but you had this opportunity and didn’t do AC/DC’s Hells Bells?

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like that is possible

To be honest this would be a bugger to mix well in the best of cases with a legion of sound technicians.

This was an off-the-cuff idea, just some musicians jamming and goofing. Isn’t it wonderful enough that this just happened?

1 Like

That. Was. Fantastic. I’d like to hear him do some stride piano or boogie woogie tunes as well.

2 Likes

Respect to the performers, but that particular song could also be played by a kazoo troupe and still rock.

2 Likes

A quick look around the interwebs failed to turn up such a version, which surprised the hell out of me.

Equally surprising was finding a 15-minute behind the scenes making of documentary about producing a kazoo cover of Ace of Spades from 7 years ago on a YouTube channel with four subscribers which does not include the completed song within the documentary or on the channel. Thank you Internet!

2 Likes

Sadly, I do not think the panellists on ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue’ were ever challenged to play Ace of Spades in the Swanee-Kazoo round.

However, there was a round of One Song to the Tune of Another where The Ace Of Spades was to be sung to the tune of La Donna Immobile. I don’t think there’s a recording online, but I’m still looking.

ETA It was Tim Brooke-Taylor. I’ve listened to it and it’s no great shakes. Not online anywhere as far as I can see. If anyone cares it was episode 5 of series 53 in 2010.

2 Likes