Astounding acoustic guitar cover of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/04/astounding-acoustic-guitar-cov.html

6 Likes

Those walls look pretty bare for a Guitar Center.

Also a very excellent cover version. Thanks.

6 Likes

Lovely.
Um, how many parts was he playing?

Wow, while he was walking around, too! Now let’s see him do it while chewing gum.
(In case anyone thinks I’m being sarcastically dismissive, no, that was an amazing performance, I’m just being silly.)

3 Likes

At least 4

1 Like

Another truly wonderful thing! More wonderful than many.
Thanks.

1 Like

Damn you, I came here to say exactly this!! :joy:

There’s something about the performance of a multi-track recording as if it were done all at one time that turns me off.

2 Likes

The assertion was that it was a single track. I mean, clearly it was recorded ahead of time for the video, but did catch any spots where he was not playing a part? There were a few bits I wasn’t sure of, but I try not to be more cynical then I have to be.

When he tunes a string down and then back up, there are two tones descending and rising each time. I don’t think he’s good enough to turn two tuning pegs at the same time! The second time he does it, the first two are in a higher register and the second two are lower, but he seems to be in the same spot on the guitar. But maybe video trickery and rapidly changing angles are obscuring my perception! =)

I bet it would still sound great if we heard him play it directly, but I don’t think it would sound as full as that.

2 Likes

Clearly an early adopter of this…

2 Likes

His acoustic guitar cover of The Prodigy in a single take, in a very narrow corridor between shipping containers, is absolutely fantastic:

3 Likes

Speaking of f-ing with the tuning pegs, this is one that I thought did it particularly well:

1 Like

Looks like he sells tabs for his arrangements in his online shop. Somebody with more chops than me needs to drop $5 on that tab and report back on whether it’s arranged as all one part.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.