Rudy Giuliani got hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars in a PPP loan for a company with no employees

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/24/rudy-giuliani-got-hundreds-of-thousands-of-taxpayer-dollars-in-a-ppp-loan-for-a-company-with-no-employees.html

But will he get in trouble for this? No.

7 Likes

The system isn’t broken, it’s working as intended.

8 Likes

The popular No Grifter Left Behind initiative is one of this administration’s few real success stories.

6 Likes

What with the pandemic, the wildfires, and the 3-ring DC sewage circus performing 24-7 in the big top, I had managed to completely forget about Rudy Giuliani.

It was nice.

2 Likes

It does seem like Rudy is less visible than he has been in the past. Maybe someone finally realized what a liability he is.

2 Likes

He’s got multiple legal entanglements going on right now.

This is one of those situations where the President’s lawyer’s lawyers are finding themselves having to hire lawyers.

6 Likes

This is my shocked face.

1 Like

Actually, it sounds like he might. It’s fairly egregious. But his other legal problems might hit him first, and maybe he’ll just end up having to pay back the money. (I suspect a federal government under the Biden administration might feel the need to claw back some of the money fraudulently taken, at the very least.)

3 Likes

And that’s why the Republican grifters are so afraid of losing the election. Show me a truly honest Republican and I’ll show you a person who will soon start voting Blue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.