Whining Giuliani schooled by official: "I know you're no longer a licensed attorney because you made false statements about the election, so allow me to clarify Michigan law for you."

Originally published at: Whining Giuliani schooled by official: "I know you're no longer a licensed attorney because you made false statements about the election, so allow me to clarify Michigan law for you." - Boing Boing

22 Likes

I’m not sure about the coffee, but somebody got roasted there.

48 Likes

With he “… still making false claims and accusations about the upcoming election” and his declaration that “…what they’re doing to keep Trump out of the White House…” Rudy may be fortifying his MAGA resume in the irrational belief that if Trump got back into the White House, Trump would be obliged to solve all his problems. Trump has refused to pay Rudy’s claimed $2M for services rendered, so how can Rudy expect a re-elected Trump to get him out of his $150M hole? Trump takes; he doesn’t give. And besides: Trump hates losers, and Rudy is now one of the biggest.

21 Likes

Max-not-well House brand.

12 Likes

Ground to a pulp; no filter.

11 Likes

But that ‘shall not be permitted to withdraw’ thing is a bit odd. People’s circumstances can change unexpectedly at any time. Forcing a candidate who now has no desire to be elected to continue to stand seems wrong. What is the rationale? To stop ‘false’ or prank candidates?

13 Likes

I’m guessing that totally empty apartment in the background is being staged for sale

7 Likes

The coffee’s slogan:

"Leaves a Bitter Taste in Your Mouth. Mmm!"®

13 Likes

I wonder if he owns that outright or how much he will get from the sale.

If he made $1 million from it, I could buy a nice house outside of KC and probably keep working but live comfortably the rest of my life.

This guy probably is so hooked on living the live it wouldn’t last a year. :confused:

6 Likes

Does the price include all those crates full of Transylvanian soil?

16 Likes

James Hoffman did an interesting video on vanity coffee brands. In general most of the profits go to the company doing the roasting, packaging and distribution. The money is when you are bought out ( the company that buys one out takes over the production and associated profits)

Let me find it

7 Likes

Don’t ask where the coffee comes from.

25 Likes

Some quick googling doesn’t reveal a good explanation beyond “it’s the law.”

There almost certainly is an element of cost control here, as some states have already started printing ballots and reprinting is expensive, time-consuming, and introduces more opportunity for error.

But I also wonder if maybe there’s an element of wanting to avoid withdrawal being used as a bargaining chip in negotiations among candidates/parties?

18 Likes

Scared Bad News GIF by ABC Network

10 Likes

Yeah - that last point was the sort of thing I had vaguely in mind with ‘false’ candidates - it’s probably that sort of thing and to discourage others who may be less than committed for ulterior reasons.

9 Likes

images
Zorg was classier.

14 Likes

Damned if I would trust that coffee; it may well be his version of this stuff:

@west

2 Likes

There are always ulterior reasons in politics though — “concede on my pet issue or I’ll run against you in the next election” seems like one of the basic moves of the game :thinking:

2 Likes

In that listing there’s an image of the living room with the window showing the building across the street and a wall mirror showing the reflection of the view out the window. The image in the mirror should be flipped horizontally with respect to the view out the window, which it’s not, which means of course that like all of these realtor listings it’s just Photoshop bullshit. That apartment probably no longer even has carpeting because he ripped it up and sold it to some junkies for scratch money.

4 Likes

11 Likes