Rudy Giuliani on Yovanovitch: I didn’t need her out of the way, I forced her out because she’s corrupt

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/16/rudy-is-nuts.html

5 Likes

So, Trump’s entire foreign policy arm is corrupt? And clearly he’s powerless to do anything about it? He’s only the president after all. I guess he’s just too concerned about corruption in other countries to worry about our own. #americafirst

31 Likes

Someone at the FBI or Justice Dept. Southern District of New York:

“See? I told ya. Keep Giuliani on the outside and he’s just going to keep confessing to crimes, and probably implicate everyone around him.”

34 Likes
40 Likes

How many states we got going now? Deep state, shallow state, red state, blue state, state of confusion, state of denial, are there more I’m not hip enough to have heard about yet?

18 Likes

Purple state

6 Likes

I really hope Giuliani goes to jail. He’s really making a case for it. (And given all the federal crimes, it’d be nice for Trump to do some time after he leaves office, too, but…)

Giuliani’s latest list of supposed Biden crimes he was “investigating” is pretty hilarious - it’s just a laundry list of the shit Trump has done. Doesn’t even make sense in the Biden’s case. It’s always projection.

26 Likes

“Everything within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state.” Benito Mussolini. Also: state of amnesia?

4 Likes

the constitution is just completely inoperative at this point, isn’t it?

11 Likes

Pretty much. Living in Trumpatania is hard. I miss America.

6 Likes

Corruption fighters in Ukraine- if you’re listening- maybe you could arrest Rudy next time he’s in country?

His father was a leg breaker for his uncle’s loan sharking organized crime gang. They’re not the best people.

16 Likes

for those of us in the reality-based community it’s important to try not to forget that, as ludicrous as it all sounds to us, to the general replacement-level trump voter this shit is golden. this is all proof to the nth degree that the deep state is working overtime to sink their hero and they should be thanking god for people like giuliani who are out there on the line digging and fighting.

i have relatives who are facebook friends who are eating this up and regurgitating memes in the service of that message the fact that i am an educated, 25 year veteran school teacher arguing against them is starting to make them mistrust the school system because people like me are teaching tomorrow’s leaders.

22 Likes

It’s not your job to be the reasonable person who changes unreasonable people’s minds.

Share anti Trump lefty memes right back at them and be done with it.

10 Likes

“State of Confusion” - I don’t care what anyone says that was a pretty good Kinks album. "Their follow up, “State of Denial”, not so much.

2 Likes

Fugue state? Not sure how much that applies here.

3 Likes

One hopes a dream-state. But the evidence keeps pointing to this being real life.

6 Likes

Well anonymous talks about the “Steady State,” in his book A Warning. Which is more interesting as an illustration of why some of the members of the administration are working for such an objectively terrible president than of just how terrible Trump is.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m remembering wrongly, but wasn’t Giuliani at this point Trump’s personal lawyer, with absolutely no official government position? That’s got to make this extra illegal.

11 Likes

State the obvious?

Status (quid pro) quo?

But sadly not ‘Lying in State’ (yet) in it’s usual meaning. It’s literal meaning, though has been true since he was elected.

4 Likes

A personal lawyer literally conducting affairs of state on non-secured channels and devices, outside any chain of command or org chart for accountability purposes, but with supervisory authority over those inside other chains of command. What could go wrong?

19 Likes