Ruins of haunted Scottish village for sale starting at £125,000

Originally published at: Ruins of haunted Scottish village for sale starting at £125,000 | Boing Boing

3 Likes

4 Likes

Let me redeem myself on this reboing by saying:

There are biting black flies in Scotland.

7 Likes

How does the Nice and Accurate Lady of Lawers’ ghost feel about market predictions?

8 Likes

She predicts that the market shall have many sheep and…and…oats!

4 Likes

Been there, done that.

An already much-discussed reboing B-side…

5 Likes

I said this in the other thread…

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF

3 Likes

…and I concur. I’m an old Goth: I just love this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Right? I love that they are under specific rules about what they can do with location… does everything seriously need to look “modern”? It’s not so bad that there are strict rules about the land and building…

2 Likes

Building a modren style house there would be absurd. Stone would be really nice. Castle stylee? Should less ostentation be preferable, maybe something like this joint, which is for sale not far from here:

Love that turret.
3704 14th St, Detroit, MI 48208 | MLS# 2200099103 | Redfin

ETA: I wonder if those leaning ass telephone poles are the result of a camera anomaly, or if they really are that lean-y. They certainly fail to inspire confidence.

@j9c(Boing Boing BBS - Forums of BoingBoing.net)

4 Likes

addams family GIF

3 Likes

Oh, hell yeah. There’s my real family.

2 Likes

Looks like a lovely place to erect one of these.

2 Likes

I think they are this lean-y. Other vertical lines, such as the sides of the house, are fairly straight. Plus, the poles list at different degrees but inconsistently so, it’s not the case that those closer to the edge lean over more, as you would expect with the distortion of a wide-angle lense. There may be some of that going on, amplifying the lean-iness but most of it is real, I think.

2 Likes

That is pretty much what I was thinking.
jaw

1 Like

It certainly adds to the overall charm of the property

3 Likes

Imagine it properly restored, or how it must have looked when new. I love my 'hood (which is also Victorian/Edwardian) and this area.

3 Likes

Can the buyer plug some equipment into the huge satellite dish in the background?

1 Like

The problem with buying it is that you have to sleep there, FOR JUST ONE NIGHT!!!
Mru ha ha!

1 Like

just might buy this hectare on loch tay. tyvm op

1 Like