Run-DMC's 'It's Like That'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/17/run-dmcs-its-like-that.html

3 Likes

Nevins remix:

8 Likes

one of my favorite music videos, the battle is so great, I showed it to my roommate and then we totally injured ourselves trying to breakdance battle. they shot it in my architecture school in downtown la, sci-arc before the school moved in, this awesome freight depot

3 Likes

I think the original version would have driven the point home (instead of the bboy remix)

4 Likes

I’m sure many have seen this back when it was made, but anyone who missed it, here’s another dance battle to It’s Like That:

5 Likes

Man Harshed My High.

It’s like that, and that’s the way it is. . .

Ahhh, but don’t you believe that.

Seems like it was a theme in the 80’s.

Surely a mashup of these two must exist somewhere.

There’s something especially unsettling about the coopting of a song by black artists about social & justice inequality by a white dude wanting to add his, uh… flavor.

1 Like

I’m hardcore techno and gabber til I die, but fuck if that isn’t one of the greatest kickdrum sounds ever.

3 Likes

I saw the Red Army dance team some time in the early eighties doing some amazing Cossack dancing shit in the Theatre Royal in Sunderland.

That mix slams in a club!

2 Likes

If it was like a club back in my clubbing days. Boston MA, The Loft. A dance venue. You needed a membership avaliable at the door. The Loft was not a Bar but you could get punch.

Dance until dawn next to police headquarters.

Good times.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.