Rush Limbaugh: water on Mars is a leftist conspiracy

The best part is that he’s accusing liberals of politicizing things!

3 Likes

I’m genuinely surprised that Rush is still (a) alive and (b) broadcasting. It wasn’t that long ago that he was addicted to opioids, arrested multiple times, announced that he was “100% deaf”, and dropped by many of his sponsors for being a racist lying douche. But here he is, still being paid to lie, making millions of dollars.

7 Likes

Since Rush’s proposition is that Everything NASA Says is a Lie, we need to get some NASA scientists to hold a press conference to tell some lies. Announce the Moon is made of Wensleydale cheese, or some such thing. Then we’ll get to see Rush’s circuits blow and smoke come out of his ears.

9 Likes

I didn’t know Rush Limbaugh was still alive, and does anyone listen or he lost on a satellite channel now?
I remember a teacher in high school tuning in to Rush, that was a quarter century ago at this point.
I thought he was like that guy on Fox News who disappeared a few years ago, not Hannidy or the old Irish-American one who always riffs on Jon Stewart, the even nuttier one with all of the chalkboards.

4 Likes

Never more true:

15 Likes

I misread that and assumed he meant he found his own particular brand of right wing nut jobbery a constant source of diversion…

1 Like

The British Tabloid Toilet Paper, The Scum, did that this morning…

7 Likes

Isn’t it time for the nice young men in the clean white suits to show up and take Rush to the rubber room?

6 Likes

And knowing America, weapons research, too.

3 Likes

Bizarrely, yes. Wikipedia sez:
On July 2, 2008, Matt Drudge reported that Limbaugh signed a contract extension through 2016 that is worth over $400 million, breaking records for any broadcast. A November 2008 poll by Zogby International found that Rush Limbaugh was the most trusted news personality in the nation, garnering 12.5 percent of poll responses.

5 Likes

I’m now having a sad. :cry:

13 Likes

Never underestimate the amount of raw unfiltered Stupid in the universe.

8 Likes

as common as water on Mars

3 Likes

I think Rush Limbaugh’s words beaming down from space is some kind of right wind hoax/conspiracy.

7 Likes

Also, Generation Lead.

1 Like

Ummm, the ones who deny the possibility of life outside of what some sky god created on earth would be clamoring for all funding to go to defense…

Edit: missed @wrecksdart’s post above.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a time my partner’s cup of sugar borrowing neighbor caught a bit of conversation with me explaining an EPIRB beacon over the telephone, she later quietly asked my wife if I was paranoid because I thought government satellites were able to track me by something in my flight bag.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this time in the 90’s I was listening to Rush and he decided to settle the whole “digital music” question once and for all. He downloaded an mp3, played it through his shitty Dell (probably) computer speakers, and concluded on the basis of this methodologically unimpeachable test that mp3s are worthless and digital music would never amount to anything.

Truly before his time. Truly, truly a genius.

9 Likes

Really, now. You are supposed to be better than this.

The quote is pretty clear. Mr. Limbaugh is claiming that the opposing party is going to use the fact that NASA has found water as a jumping off point to make claims about the future of Earth.

He is not claiming it is a conspiracy and/or hoax. Simply that he believes the party opposite him will try to use a simple fact to make (tangentially related at best) political hay.

Perhaps you should have read more?

They’re just making up the amount of ice in the North and South Poles, they’re making up the temperatures, they’re lying and making up false charts and so forth. So what’s to stop them from making up something that happened on Mars that will help advance their left-wing agenda on this planet?

and…

OK, flowing water on Mars. If we’re even to believe that, what are they going to tell us that means?

13 Likes