Rush Limbaugh: water on Mars is a leftist conspiracy

As opposed to Limbaugh using a simple fact to make a tangentially not-related-at-all speech that is the very definition of “political hay”?

4 Likes

Never said he wasn’t a hypocrite. Claiming that he thinks the whole thing is a conspiracy is more than a little over the top, though. Almost as over the top as his little rant.

Except that he did just that, see @nonentity quotations above.

3 Likes

I saw them. Was gonna reply that yeah, those are pretty wild-eyed.

But.

Those quotes aren’t a claim that this latest is necessarily part of a conspiracy, but rather that if a conspiracy exists, what is to stop it from influencing even this?

I know it sounds like a distinction without a difference, but I think it is not.

Really? He directly claims that there’s a conspiracy, and that NASA is making up their data (and has been for over 18 years, apparently). There’s no “if” a conspiracy exists, there.

6 Likes

“If we’re to believe that [flowing water on Mars]” sounds a lot like he’s saying we ought not believe it. Even if you think it reads differently, it’s hardly absurd or a stretch to think that’s what he was saying. No reason to be disappointed in BoingBoing.

3 Likes

A Gateway computer is imho more fitting

One of America’s finest.

1 Like

Also consider this: he said, and I’m paraphrasing here, that people that take drugs illegally, as he did, should be jailed, and yet he’s walking free, and yes, still broadcasting. I guess at this point I’m just not surprised that people like this are still able to find media employment. If nothing else, he does serve a market niche. If every family has at least one of those drunken, racist old fool uncles around, that’s a lot of potential listeners.

2 Likes

I made the mistake of clicking through to a related article, where Limbaugh explains how the Pope is a Marxist because he’s talking about climate change. I think the last statement in the quote, coming from somebody like Limbaugh, broke my irony meter. So much packed into so few words:

“There’s no record of ‘Il Papa’ having studied meteorology, or climatology, or any of the related sciences. So we’re supposed to take his assertions on faith…”

6 Likes

Yep Rush, it’s called Reality and it definitely has a leftist bias. Why don’t you join us out here in Reality and see what it’s like?

2 Likes

It’s a well known fact to conservatives that Mars has a liberal bias.

1 Like

Of course, if chemistry is considered a science, then there’s most definitely a record of the Pope being a professional chemist, since he has a degree in it.

10 Likes

Limbaugh actually mentioned that immediately before what I quoted (saying that it gave the Pope “a leg up” over Al Gore)… which just adds even more layers of WTF onto the statement.

3 Likes

I think Rush himself is a leftist conspiracy to try to make the more moderate right lean a little further away from stupid. Unfortunately it hasn’t seemed to be working.

4 Likes

Look, this is Limbaugh’s entire raison d’etre-- he lives to find evidence of liberal conspiracy, and if it doesn’t exist he can infer where it might appear. When Aron Ralston cut off his own arm to escape being trapped under a boulder (as later portrayed in the James Franco film “127 Hours”) Limbaugh opined that now liberals would use Ralston’s story as some kind of political ploy to build their own character, praise Ralston’s courage and imply they were made of the same stuff.

A big part of his business model is to have some liberal atrocity to complain about. When he has a slow week I guess he has to jump ahead to a hypothetical conspiracy that might someday appear.

1 Like

You can lead a horse to martian water, but you can’t make him not disappointed in BoingBoing.

3 Likes

That’s why we had to release the Trumpbot…

6 Likes

4 Likes

Don’t worry, what more could go wrong???

9 Likes

[quote=“SemTeK, post:6, topic:66561”]
I would love for NASA (or ESA, or any credible space agency for that matter) to find a graveyard on Mars. Seriously, I would love for them to find that. … Or just something like an abandoned store on Mars with a sign in the window saying “I assure you we’re open”. Anything that would prove intelligent life on Mars existed, really, would be the biggest discovery of the century (and would spark an influx of money going into science). [/quote]
That would be awesome. That would really e’f with a lot of conservatives world view which alone would make it worth while. $10 on they claim it was a conspiracy hoax planted there…you know, like the dino bones.

@funruly - ~claps~ :smile:

came to the rush thread for some laughs…success!

Fortunately for him America doesn’t have that level of mental health care anymore…and if he had his way it would have none at all.

Someone’s been editing his own page again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We all go through dark times…

1 Like