Russia Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov meets with Tillerson and Trump. Get a load of this transcript

I’m pretty sure he was not shocked– If I’m interpreting his head shake correctly, he is feigning surprise, mocking the press for asking a question he doesn’t like. There’s no way that he hadn’t heard this news at the time of this meeting. Like you said, he’s a trained diplomat and should be used to being asked questions he can’t answer and capable of deflecting them. Instead, he gave a childish response that lays bare his contempt for a free press. It’s pretty chilling actually.

3 Likes

I took it way differently after watching the video. I think he was being a smart ass and sarcastic.

3 Likes

That was my take too. I see folks are pissed on Twitter that he’s mocking us, but I took it as he was surprised by the “news” he didn’t consider real. I bet Tillerman got an earfull once they got behind the door.

2 Likes

Trump isn’t hiding it anymore. The President is a Russian spy.

5 Likes

Or is he just a Putin puppet? Tune in next week for more Trumpadump and Master Pouty!

6 Likes

That will be Trump’s response to every question when NBC interviews him tomorrow.

1 Like

QFT from MeFi:

I don’t think it’s surprise from Lavrov, nor exactly sarcasm. It’s contempt. Lavrov thinks (probably accurately) that the american free press is at worst a minor irritant that will soon be silenced, controlled or further sidelined, and isn’t afraid to roll his eyes at it. It’s minor annoyance at the gurgling of a soon-to-be-excised vestigial organ.

8 Likes

Should be. But he’s obviously constitutionally incapable of admitting to the slightest bit of any kind of incompetence.

2 Likes

Watching the press conference on this is disgusting. They are lying right to our faces.

1 Like

U.S press was kept out. The Russian press was allowed in.

WTFFFFFF?

And a reporter was arrested for asking a Secretary a question???

4 Likes

9th November 2016, that was.

1 Like

He is not some random diplomat but one of the main figures in the russian investigation. He wasnt shocked, he was mocking us for his governments ability to sow discord in our own.

2 Likes

I have to say I can’t be too concerned about what the Russians think of Comey’s firing. This guy just looked irritated to me. That could mean anything and a lot of people seem to be reading things into it on the basis of their feelings.

Am I concerned that the Russians fucked us with the last election. Yes.

Do I like the fact that they are meddling in our internal politics? No.

Can I “blame” them for doing it? Not really. I’m assuming there are American groups public and private who do the same thing in other country’s elections. (Saddam Hussein comes to mind.)

Am I awesomely pissed off to the nth degree that our elected government is colluding with them to do it? YES!
Am I awesomely pissed off to the nth degree that our elected government is excluding our journalists from meetings with them while allowing their journalists to attend? YES!

@SOCPOTUS has fucked up so many things by blatantly disregarding social and political conventions. Now politicians are going to feel that they don’t have to respect any rules or laws.

2 Likes

Nah, telling the truth just isn’t his style.

i can’t fuckin believe it, this is my first hearing of Comey getting kicked out

that fasict needs to go, he can’t get assassinated soon enough

My expression was a lot worse than that hack from russia

The Sony a9 is silent. But it just came out

WOLVERINES!!!

Needs to be said, no?

4 Likes

FOREIGN MINISTER LAVROV: You are kidding. You are kidding.

The full transcript is:

FOREIGN MINISTER LAVROV: You are kidding. You are kidding. Please, where nearest place to buy the popcorn?

2 Likes

No, I think he was genuinely surprised. Maybe he had been too busy sucking down vodka & caviar to watch cable news.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.