Russia lost 1.3M "young workers" in the last year

Originally published at: Russia lost 1.3M "young workers" in the last year | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I Wonder Emma Stone GIF by Saturday Night Live

17 Likes

Fascists are always surprised when their “paradises” experience rapid brain drains. Any young person with brains and a creative spirit knows that there’s no future in these places (see also the various enclaves of Ameristan run by Putin’s friends in the GOP).

20 Likes

I wonder how good Putin’s government is at tracking you down if you live in remote Siberia.

9 Likes

Check Tbilisi.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about the “buried” part. There have been reports (albeit unproven) that Russia brought at least one mobile crematorium to Ukraine with them to help obscure the scale of their losses.

10 Likes

Gotta say, that’s very careless of them…

3 Likes

It’s a mystery!

12 Likes

If I lived in a country with still-in-living-memory stories like “only 20% of the baby boys born in 1923 lived to 25”, I’d carefully consider my options if I heard words like “mobilization”.

10 Likes

In my best Lady Bracknell voice-
“To lose one young adult is a misfortune, to lose 1.3 million smacks of carelessness.

9 Likes

Yup. We recruited a guy a couple of months ago from Tbilisi where he’d been living for, oh, about a year after leaving Moscow. A young professional with a great CV for his age and someone to who we now have to stress the importance of work-life balance. If he’s typical they’re losing some very good people.

8 Likes

Lady Bracknell says ‘Hi’.

4 Likes

oops. fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.