Russian arms maker Kalashnikov unveils retro electric car

You vote T / P 2020 and those safety standards will go away. No problemsky.

6 Likes

I’m not sure you fully get the joke.

If we have Trump/Pence for another four years, there will probably be a move to eliminate modern US safety standards because they interfere with profits. Especially if doing so will lead to bringing stateside some Russian imports.

6 Likes

Of course it is depressed. It is Russian!

4 Likes

I can’t help but think the designer just woke up from a fourty five year coma. Either that are he’s a fan of the Austin allegro, which was another terrible car that also looked like it was more aerodynamic going backwards.

2 Likes

Given the state of Russian industry, I doubt the car has “Kalashnikov virtues” in anything but name. More likely than not, the specs are wildly exaggerated.

The closest thing the world has right now to a vehicle with AK-47 ruggedness and ubiquity is the Toyota Hilux Pickup (aka the battlewagon of the developing world)

3 Likes

but how fast does it go around the Eboladrome?

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Allegro with its square steering wheel! That was a truly wretched car, but its saving grace was that it wasn’t a Morris Marina.

1 Like

Yeah they were awful.

2 Likes

It’s no Lada it’s a Moskvitš.

shut-up-and-take-my-money-o

3 Likes

I’m not sure that this sort of thing really captures why people are attracted to Russian literature.

Marvin is an example of a “genuine people personality”-- as opposed to a recognizably human personality.

1 Like

Download1

5 Likes

Must be a yugo.

3 Likes

“Just hike to that gas station we saw six miles back and call a tow truck.”

“It’s your car, you go.”

“No, you go!”

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.