Russian cat won't let go of bread bag

We adopted a pair of kittens that had been scroungers before they were found. For the first few months after we got them, they were very interested in bagged bread, and we had to be super careful to keep everything in closed cupboards.

I remember waking up one morning - a bag of bagels had been scattered, and one or both cats had managed to eat most of a bagel. We still try to be fairly meticulous about putting bagged food away, in order to avoid incidents, although I don’t really know if it would be that much of a problem anymore now that they are accustomed to cat food

4 Likes

Oh I get it! The bread bag’s supposed to be Ukraine (one-time breadbasket of the old USSR) and the cat’s supposed to be Putin. Pretty clever!

4 Likes

After the Trumpian Bread Wars of 2017 no cats were allowed in human shelters.

It was done by the old Worker and Parasite guys (Gene Deitch?):

5 Likes

Was anyone else struck by the rapid increase in apparent quality at around 45 seconds in?

VBR encoding taking advantage of the fact that the scene goes basically still for a number of seconds there?
Tepid autofocus finally getting enough well-lit detail to lock on to the target?

Then there’s the Russian kitten that won’t kick the cigarette habit:

3 Likes

We had a bread loaf-chewer in our family, too.

One of my mom’s current cats even goes so far as to steal her brother’s and mother’s food at mealtimes when your back is turned. She’s like those kids who eat anything that’s not locked away or nailed down.

3 Likes

I had a cat that loved bread, but she was really choosy about the type of bread…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.