Russian Embassy in Ireland running out of heat because no one will sell them fuel

I heard that in the voice of some London thug: “It would be a shame, Squire.”

5 Likes

Like an invisible suitcase wedgie…

3 Likes

Pay in hryvnia.

4 Likes

Yey Free market!

That’s not the free market, that’s people making a choice NOT to sell to a fascist. The “free market” would be selling to the fascist for a steep price…

5 Likes

And the Libertarian advocates of the “free” market would be shrugging off the choice of those opportunists who continue to sell to fascists and likely berating those who criticised the greedpigs as letting ideology get in the way of a smoothly running transaction by perfectly rational actors.

For example, see also this article about the biggest Libertarian sugar daddy (cross-posted from the main Ukraine invasion topic):

8 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

After all, as Saint Ayn said, there is no greater morality than making bank, yo!

Season 20 Flirting GIF by The Simpsons

7 Likes

Boycotts for social or political reasons are cancel culture, dontcha know? /s

5 Likes

…just ask the original mr boycott.

4 Likes

Heating in Ireland is weird. Most urban buildings use piped gas or in rare cases electricity nowadays, but an external oil or diesel tank was common for new construction in Dublin even 30 or 40 years ago (like I lived in a house in Tallaght for about a year that had an oil tank, but is like 50 years younger than the house I live in now that has gas), and plenty of rural areas still use liquid fuel or even solid fuel-burning stoves as their primary heat source. So depending on age and location and whether it was renovated, it’s entirely plausible that all they have is the diesel tank.

10 Likes

Ooops!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.