Irish man drives truck full of communion wafers into Russian Embassy

Originally published at: Irish man drives truck full of communion wafers into Russian Embassy | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

15 Likes

Was there supposed to be a winery tanker truck following?

18 Likes

17 Likes

“I’ve done my bit, lads. It’s about time the rest of Ireland done their bit,” he said as he was led away by gardaí.

Bread and epiclesis indeed.

9 Likes

“The damage appears to have been transubstantial, for a host of reasons.”

41 Likes

Not Funny Reaction GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

11 Likes

Inadvertently teaching Russians a lesson in logistics by delivering a battalion of body of jesus.

6 Likes

God, I so love the Irish. I want to move there.

“That’s actually a pretty good reminder that Ireland, in addition to being known for eye-shatteringly beautiful meadows and free-flowing sheep, is also known for taking absolutely zero shit from occupying armies. Believe me.” - John Oliver speaking about the Russia diplomat to Ireland who is complaining about Irish protests.

14 Likes

Holy crap, that interview with Filatov was like watching a scripted telemarketer trying to convince someone their computer has been compromised, and realizing the person who answered the phone is not the 79-year old woman that they thought it would be.

Shade Diane Blackish GIF by ABC Network

12 Likes

(Mopping/rounding up from other threads where this was discussed yesterday…)

The Russian Embassy statement included these words.

We believe that no people of sound mind could support such senseless and barbaric actions.

Hmm - senseless and barbaric. Yeah, that’s how to refer to a truck driving into some gates and then stopping and the driver being arrested. Not at all like civilians being shelled in a war, then.

People in Dublin are calling it a “Special Parking Operation”.

15 Likes

Apparently the interviewer is nowhere near as tough on Irish government ministers.

Lilly Singh Lol GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

3 Likes

Ireland has very strict laws against libel and slander, so I’m not altogether surpised.

4 Likes

Asking ministers tough questions about their official conduct is not slander (but IIRC it is in Singapore).

True, but that doesn’t stop ministers from suing with an accusation of slander. Some ministers are quite litigious (like Devin Nunes level).

5 Likes

This document purporting to be the embassy’s response is seemingly so weirdly lacking in self-awareness, I start wondering if it’s actually parody or they’re unhappy about Ukraine and this is a dig at Putin:

“…criminal act of insanity…”
“We believe that no people of sound mind could support such senseless and barbaric actions.”

7 Likes

Took me a moment to get that one. It’s been a long time since I entered a church.

2 Likes

The statement is authentic. It is quoted in this news report:

The original tweet is even more lacking in self-awareness, talking about “violation of its territory”.

5 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

3 Likes