The Russian Embassy in DC just got a makeover with a smart new sign: President Zelensky Way

Originally published at: The Russian Embassy in DC just got a makeover with a smart new sign: President Zelensky Way | Boing Boing

12 Likes

#fuckputin :star_struck::ukraine::star_struck:

11 Likes

Da, Putin took wrong turn at Albuquerque.

5 Likes

There’s been red paint an handprints going on here all week. Escalated today.

Apparently the Russian embassy are complaining that the Gardaí did nothing to stop him (what were they supposed to do?) mind you this arsehole has history and the coppers didn’t stop him doing racist shit in the past

ETA (changed the tweet, better context)
This arsehole

10 Likes

That embassy occupies some seriously expensive real estate. I say tear it down for more overpriced condos.

Also the neighborhood behind it is full of single women. I used to joke about it with my soon to be wife while visiting her there. Seriously, you’d get on a bus there and no dudes. Ever. Did the Russians have anything to do with it? Who knows but it was weird. If you are a single heterosexual guy in DC that’s the place to hang out.

1 Like

So the city has already designated that section of the street that the embassy is on as Boris Nemstov Plaza, after the dissident who was probably killed by the Russian government for his activism in 2015.

However, the street around the block where the Russian consulate is found is called Tunlaw Road, and could stand for a name change. Zelensky Road would work just fine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.