Russian "meat magnate" who criticized Putin dies in fall from hotel window

They’re not likenesses (I did check) and pretty cartoonish. But I do worry about them seeming celebratory or inappropriately trivializing.

21 Likes

(If Putin goes that way, though, I assure the readership it will be a likeness, celebratory, and appropriately trivializing)

36 Likes
22 Likes

You would think Putin would mix it up a little to make it less obvious…

9 Likes

Fair enough, and I look forward to that one

4 Likes

The obviousness is intentional. It’s a message to the rest of them: “I did this, openly. If you step out of line I’ll do it to you too.”

25 Likes

Is it better to just ignore it and hope it all goes away? You know that is not how it usually works, right?

15 Likes

Don’t worry. It is not celebrating the murder but clearly illustrating (at least to most of us) out how grotesquely barbaric the behaviour of the Putin regime is.

13 Likes

This seems like a great time in Russia to push anyone you don’t like out a window. No one will ask too many questions.

However, Putin might consider it an IP violation.

21 Likes

The clumsiness of the excuses are of course the exact point: Putin wants everyone to know these are assassinations, not accidents or suicides, which is why he’s using windows. It’s flashy, public, and the deniability isn’t plausible.

19 Likes

You can have some of mine; I’ve got… something like 99 problems. (but that’s not one of them.)

(Video has naughty words in it, along with the Beetles.)

3 Likes

An unnamed police official

Also, it seems the Indian government/police are on the take as well. Although it could be a case of Hanlon’s Razor as well.

4 Likes

Cops are lazy and suicides mean a lot less paperwork than homicides.

16 Likes

In? Or slightly outside, beneath a window?

Anyway, mystery solved. I learnt today that the Indian word for ‘window’ is the same as the Russian word for ‘door’.

(it’s really not).

4 Likes

Meat Magnate? More like Cement Magnet.

6 Likes

They’ll always have Putin.

8 Likes

Not a problem. Being an oligarch is at least cushier, if not necessarily all that much safer, than getting used to absorb Ukrainian ammunition; so they’ll have mobiks jumping at the chance.

6 Likes

yes putin does not like it when people steal his jokes … especially his favourite running gag.

6 Likes

It’s called Karma.

5 Likes

I really don’t want to see how the sausage gets made.

17 Likes