Russian "meat magnate" who criticized Putin dies in fall from hotel window

I actually saw how the sausage is made. (Underwrote several loans to sausage manufacturers in the FSU.) You really, really don’t want to know how the sausage is made. And yet, at the time, FSU sausage was much, much better tasting than sausage in the US, except for the sausage made by small family butcher shops.

8 Likes

Well, you know, the guy famous for that lived.

10 Likes

Hear FUCKING hear.

I eagerly await this day. The amount of cruelty, suffering, and death wrought by this man is mind-boggling.

6 Likes

Magnates, how do they work?

looks up definition for magnate

Turns out, they don’t.

21 Likes

Isn’t there a violent femmes song about this?

3 Likes

Having seen many a post from @beschizza on the topic and many others, it’s apparent that the tone is actually meant to be an incredulous “Seriously? Again? This tyrant isn’t fooling anyone!” But it might not read that way on first glance, especially in absence of knowledge of the poster’s history (which I don’t know if you have or not).

6 Likes

If a Putin target happens to land on top of one of his loyalists, then the pushers would be next. This windows thing could get complicated.

If this keeps up, it could affect Tripadvisor’s hotel ratings.

7 Likes

First, they came for the Oligarchs, and you said nothing; because you don’t get to be a rich Russian person without being a vile piece of shit.

Edit to add “out”. Maybe I am just naturally a positive person, but a lot of the words I miss in commenting tend to be the ones needed to convey my negative feelings. :thinking:

10 Likes

Good point.

7 Likes

Then Putin will have ALL the money!

(You probably have a gif for that.)

4 Likes

Good band name.

15 Likes

As well as lower probability of meeting the same fate as the victim.

Also, since this robber baron of butchery did not meet his end by rare radioactive isotope, his assassination was perhaps not very personally significant to Putin.

3 Likes

I agree with the YouTuber: the Doctorskaya Kolbasa right after the fall of the FSU was much better than later iterations.

5 Likes

When I’m at the deli counter, and see a similar sausage, I’m tempted to get a thick slice, coat it with Japanese electric breadcrumbs, and try it like the video.

6 Likes

That sounded good. I don’t know why the presenter was so down on doctorskaya schnitzel; the Germans I worked with were insistent that schnitzel was made from pork tenderized into submission and fried. The kolbasa was 80% pork so it should be quite respectable.

My favorite way to eat it was to cut it into about 1/4 inch slices, fry up the slices, then fry some eggs sunny side up in the leftover grease, and eat with toast/butter fried bread. Made for a hearty breakfast, especially in the ungodly cold winter.

8 Likes

not lost, just hidden.

ok. i’m out.

7 Likes

Every time I see the word defenestrate, I hear it spoken by a Dalek! Anyone else! OK, just me, then.

15 Likes

Positively recursive.

“This is not sustainable. At this rate, by this time next year Russia will be close to running out of oligarchs. And then what?”

Well, I’m sure there’s plenty of members of the Politburo and the Duma who might be suspected of thinking bad thoughts who Putin can work his way through. Then there’s the Chechen puppet government.
Lots to be going on with.

3 Likes

not the violent femmes but

4 Likes

…to spend on glaziers.

(sidenote: my Grandad was a glazier - he’d have made a small fortune repairing windows in today’s russia.)

5 Likes