Russian Orthodox Patriarch announces church-government inquiry to prove that the Tsar was killed in 1917 as part of a Jewish ritual

Well, George Soros should send in Pussy Riot.

Again.

6 Likes

Funny how those “religious insult” laws only apply when anyone says anything that might be construed as critical of the Orthodox Church, not anyone else…

7 Likes

Chabadniks

All of these whackjobs. Adleson, Kushner, all of them a shande far di goyim

2 Likes

Surely this is a scene from “Love and Death.”

Right?

2 Likes

As I have been ranting for a year or so now: Trump and Putin are allies, and they are both fascists (although you could probably also describe Putin as Tsarist).

The situation is not Russia vs USA, it’s global fascism vs everyone else.

5 Likes

Consider an interference pattern formed by the US, Russian and UK election cycles, combined with the lifespan of the current north korean ruler.

1 Like

Well, it’s nice to see them taking an interest in other cultur… wait, what?

1 Like

Russia is way, way ahead of us on conspiracies and conspiracy theories. Only in Russia, many more conspiracy theories are true. Its more like Trump took a page from their book.

To be a religion in the first place you have to be legally registered. (Fun Fact: they don’t register too many religions in Russia.)

5 Likes

And one half-decade of libertarian ‘policies’ allowing for the country to go almost bankrupt and most of the money fleeing abroad will make it even worse. When there is an absolute power vacuum, guess which power fills the vacuum?

2 Likes

Growing up Russian Orthodox in the USA, even though I was far from devout, I was always at least glad we didn’t have bishops or priests ranting about the evils of abortion or homosexuality, or telling us how we should vote in elections (and most priests were married, so no rampant pedophilia either.)

Jesus H. Christ, how times have changed.

Thank god I’m an agnostic now.

3 Likes

I should have put /s in there. :wink:

This is about Russia/Middle East relations and little else. Russia is a big player in the oil game but recent sanctions has put a big dent in their supply. By pandering to the highly anti-semitic OPEC crowd, they present themselves as a sympathetic alternative to the pro-Israel west.

I was snarking about “hard-core communists”, not economy or policy. It’s just that a practical implementation of communism (or “communism” if you prefer) is the antidote to “hard-core communists”. They were already dwindling in supply by the time Stalin got rolling, and had gone critically endangered long before the Berlin wall fell, their natural habitat having been taken over by the largely un-ideological totalitarian functionaries (who continue to prosper).

I prefer calling it Marxism-Leninism over communism, as it is far more accurate. They are also no friends of mine, as shown by various actions taken by them as early as 1918.

Maybe this has more to do with the decline in communists in Russia than the other actions taken by the Politbureau.

3 Likes

Speaking of which:

As always, the real history is more complicated and interesting than what most folks are aware of.

3 Likes

Fascism is the drug of choice for oligarchs, and never mind that in the end it’ll eat them too.

2 Likes

missed it by that much.

That’s interesting. Could a well-placed asteroid impact trigger a global nuclear war? We need to invest more in NEO detection to avoid also that scenario.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.