Russia's former president and current war cheerleader says it will nuke London, Washington D.C., Berlin and Kyiv if it loses war

Is it a lack of joined up brain cells? Blatant and knowing hypocrisy for public performance purposes?

What a fuckwit!

The action the world should be taking against Russia right now is to support Ukraine!

7 Likes

Every Russian circus needs a dancing bear. Nominative determinism made it inevitable.

How embarrassing to end one’s career in politics as Minister of Tr0lling.

11 Likes

You obviously forget they have Noth Korea on their side!

6 Likes

I can’t see the Underground’s roller-shutters making the stations and tunnels viable as nuclear bomb shelters. They were good against conventional WW2 munitions (except Balham Station), but, I presume that the blast, implosion and fireball of a nuclear warhead would scour out anyone sheltering underground.

I certainly hope we never find out. Of course, if London gets nuked, it won’t be alone. :sob:

6 Likes

Who, the Russians or the Republicans?

9 Likes

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

14 Likes

Nothing says “We’re totally winning this war” quite like someone going “And if you make us lose, we’re going to nuke you.”

If a war’s going well for you, you don’t need to resort to threatening nuclear blackmail.

11 Likes

The traditional idea about MAD is to have clear lines for when you will launch nukes, because if the other side can’t tell if you might launch nukes then they should sensibly consider nuking you first. But everything fascists say is just propaganda about how strong they are, truth and consequences be damned. :face_exhaling:

14 Likes

Right. And the west will just stand by when Russia does that just like Israel stood by and did nothing when Hamas attacked, oh wait…

Brand standard GOP. Says one thing while actively voting against it because fixing it would help “the other side”, constituents be damned.

3 Likes

… and then what

Surely they understand that after they nuke everybody, they will still lose, and lose a lot more than Ukraine :confused:

2 Likes

Tbf, if he leaves DC off the list President Trump might let him do the rest, as long as he makes sure there’s no fallout falling on Mar a Lago

2 Likes

Here’s hoping that there’s a 10th Floor window with your name on it.

5 Likes

Putin is hell-bent on Making Russia Great Again, and is concentrating
on recreating the old borders, starting with those of the USSR. A member of the legislature was making noises about getting Alaska back.
Medvedev isn’t talking about merely Ukraine… all the former SSRs are in the cross-hairs. Georgia has already been swallowed up.

1 Like

I do have to wonder how many of their nuclear weapons actually still work, given the condition of the rest of their military (how many critical systems were stripped & sold for parts? how much money that was supposed to go to maintenance went into someone’s pocket? etc)… though even 1 that actually launches and destroys its target is one too many.

3 Likes

At the moment the only way North Korea is going to get at warhead to many places is to put it in a container and on to a ship. Or otherwise push it out the back of a cargo plane for places closer to home.

I would not be surprised if something like 90% of Russian nuclear weapons were duds. But the problem is, that 10% would still be enough to cause death and destruction on an incomprehensible scale.

4 Likes

There are deeper shelters just north of Balham, not that they are nuclear shelters.

The closest has quite a history, from housing migrant workers to Festival of Britain visitors.

I believe there is still a farm in the Clapham Common one

5 Likes

Given how he described it, I think he just did.

“Extreme centrist”? “Radical liberal”? That is hot ice and wondrous strange snow. How shall we find the concord of this discord?

14 Likes

@PrivateJohnson if you’d like to learn more about Geopolitics, you might want to watch these videos.

7 Likes