Russia's former president and current war cheerleader says it will nuke London, Washington D.C., Berlin and Kyiv if it loses war

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/19/russias-former-president-and-current-war-cheerleader-says-it-will-nuke-london-washington-d-c-berlin-and-kyiv-if-it-loses-war.html

9 Likes

MAD

Totally mad.

13 Likes

Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

27 Likes

This is what Donald is enabling.

27 Likes

16 Likes

An ally? Medvedev is Wowa’s hand puppet.

13 Likes
11 Likes

More impotent chest beating.

Medvedev, Putin, and the oligarchs like being alive, and most of them would stop being so if they launched a nuke.

Republican’s need to stop blocking aid, get them the reinforcements they need, and hopefully they can make a push this spring to end this war. :confused:

16 Likes

Bruh if you can’t even win a war against Ukraine how you gonna win a war against a bunch of the world’s most heavily armed nuclear powers?

17 Likes

Medvedev says a lot of things. The best course of action is to ignore him, and hope he drinks himself to death sooner rather than later.

14 Likes

They won’t win. We’ll just all be dead, is all. Some of them would probably prefer that. Insane fuckwits.

17 Likes

But that would be biting the hand that’s feeding them. The fact that there aren’t widespread and massive investigations going on into Russian influence in US politics just baffles me.

24 Likes

I don’t think we should be wiling to depend on their sense of self-preservation to stay their hand, frankly. There is a dangerous tone in the world lately, that there are people who are absolutely willing to destroy the planet in order to get a win…

18 Likes

Yeah, threatening the entire world like a child wanting to keep all the candy is a great way to impress everyone of your military power.

Russia has said a lot, and had their puppets also do a lot, but they have very carefully avoided touching any NATO countries with any actual threat because they’re not complete fools, yet. I sincerely hope that someone with a brain can take power over there before it’s too late.

I wish I didn’t agree with this statement so much.

16 Likes

I wish it weren’t true…

Sad Rain GIF by WE tv

15 Likes

They’re on a roll this week. Not content with threatening to destroy all the luxury homes they own in London, they’ve also been annoying - [checks notes] - Norway over Svalbard:

The history of Svalbard and why Russia has any rights there is a fascinating story. In short, Norway owns it, but 46(!) countries can do what they want there - one of which is Russia which still mines coal at a desperate place called Barentsburg, whilst the rest of the place doesn’t mine coal and is basically lovely Norway - and it has polar bears!

8 Likes

The take away from the Muller Report wasn’t that it was a hoax, but that Russia TRIED to conspire with the Trump campaign, there just wasn’t enough evidence that they were successful (partly due some hilariously inept people, IIRC.)

Mike Johnson has gotten Russian money, and I am sure others too. And he is so weird that he is probably compromised via his adopted son or some other scandal he is hiding.

At least I hope they are getting paid. If it is as simple as “We have framed the Democrats as wanting to literally destroy America, and so we have to be opposed to any and all actions they want to take.”, they are doing all that heavy lifting for Russia for free.

10 Likes

Lindsey Graham spent yesterday demanding more action against Russia - after last week voting against sending weapons to Ukraine:

9 Likes

I wouldn’t completely discredit their threat, but you also can’t capitulate to their demands, because they won’t stop at just Ukraine.

At the same time, I personally am not losing sleep over it because they have made nuclear threats repeatedly in the past, but there hasn’t been any reports where it looks like they are taking steps to make good on the threats.

Fingers crossed that I am right. :confused:

5 Likes

I’m not arguing that. I’m just saying we need to take them seriously, and we especially need to take the assholes in congress seriously who are supportive of Russia right now. Because they think that Jesus is going to be riding on the back of the nuke that Russia is threatening to drop…

14 Likes