"Russia's Trump" says America must elect Donald Trump or prepare for nuclear war

With who? Hillary on the other hand has compared Putin to Hitler. Those are fighting words in Russia.= where the worst insult is to be called a Nazi Kraut.

1 Like

Welcome to Boing Boing.

18 Likes

Dude, didn’t you ever hear of “duck and cover” and the “Cuban Missile Crisis”? A lot of us grew up being prepared for nuclear war.

You think anyone would have listened to Brezhnev if he said “I warn you America, vote for this candidate or else”?

7 Likes

Trump, Zhirinovsky, and capitalism are also being opposed by me.

4 Likes

Celebrity: Boy I love getting electric shocks.
Contestant: Um. Things crazy electricians say!
Celebrity: Thanks for almost drowning me.
Contestant: Sarcastic things people say!
Celebrity: Thanks for almost drowing me. Does this hotel allow parrots?
Contestant: Things zookeepers say! Things zookeepers say!
Celebrity: I was going to vote for Hillary but after hearing what this Russain guy said, I’ve changed my mind.
Contestant: THINGS NOBODY WILL EVER SAY!!!
*** Ding! ***

11 Likes

This does not give enough credit to the people of those nations, who have the ability to start their own wars. But anyway, this is what we call “Monday morning quarterbacking”-- knowing the complexity of the region I don’t see how a Republican President would have done much better (and it’s not like Trump has any idea what to do with Syria and ISIS either, he just talks tough but gives no details.)

3 Likes

Wikipedia has interesting things to say about the “Liberal Democrats”

According to former CPSU Politburo member Alexander Nikolaevich Yakovlev, the new party was a joint project of CPSU leadership and the KGB He described how KGB director Vladimir Kryuchkov presented the project of the puppet party at a meeting with Mikhail Gorbachev and informed him about his selection of LDPR leaders and the mechanism of funding. KGB General Philipp Bobkov described the organization as “Zubatov’s pseudo-party under KGB control that directs interests and sentiments of certain social groups”.

1 Like

I am only exaggerating mildly but I think if Sweden somehow dissed him – maybe declining an invitation of some sort – Trump would end up launching at attack.

His head will be so filled with a list of recent screwing – countries, politicians, journalists, celebrities, dignitaries – he won’t be able to see straight. Some country will diss him, next thing you know he’ll be tweeting shit about their chief export, trade goes sour, suddenly they need visas to get here. I say this without insult to her at all as a classic New Yorker : He can’t handle Rosie F’ing O’Donnell making fun of him!!! On a world stage he would be a veritable disaster.

4 Likes

This would be a lot better if it wasn’t a bias pro-hillary article. Everyone knows trump isn’t Jesus Christ but we also know hillary is equal to Satan.

Thanks for dropping in with your enlightening comment.

8 Likes

That was the previous Liberal Democrats, not the present one. (If you compare the British Liberal Democrats of 2000 with the ones of 2010, you will see how unstable such parties are.)
Edit - sorry, idiotic error, confused the Apple Party with the Liberal Democrats. The Apple Party is the Russian left wing liberal party.

Perhaps if Charles Kennedy had stayed on, ideological consistency would have been maintained?

Vladimir Zhirinovsky controlled, and has always controlled the Liberel Democratic Parties of the Soviet Union and of Russia.

Sorry, my mistake. I went back and looked it up; for some reason I thought the Apple Party (Яблоко) was the successor to the Zhirinovsky Party, which shrank dramatically by around 2000.
Confusing, a country in which “Liberal” parties range from left of centre to raving loony.

Also, the word you’re scrabbling for is “biased

6 Likes

Yes, “Maximum 12 evenings a year” even though the private enterprises which were supposed to be funding it in exchange for this were also expected to provide 75% of the cost. Ah well, Johnson’s attention has now turned to trying to get himself a £65 million yacht.
Given that his father is a perfectly reasonable man, we can only assume it is Eton which gave him such a high opinion of his own importance. Zhirinovsky…well, if he ever gives up on Russian politics he could always become a columnist in the Daily Mail, where his views would be seen as comparatively moderate. Reading the conspiracy theories on Wikipedia, though, I am reminded of the saying about never attributing to malice what can alternatively be attributed to stupidity. The idea that Putin phones him up and says “Boris Johnson has been nasty about me, please say something about nuclear war with the West” doesn’t, to my mind, fit with the narrative of Putin as a white cat stroking string puller ruthless genius. He’d be more likely to be spending a little money on getting any goods on Johnson he can - and someone like Johnson probably has skeletons in the closet - and then exerting leverage direct rather than mouthing off. This after all was KGB SOP. It is also MI5 SOP and presumably that of the CIA - as I know from a couple of people who have experienced it. Buffoons sound off; skilled operators use the main de fer dans le gant de velours.

1 Like

Unfortunately in the US there only seem to be the nutjobs to the right, but the said nutbobs have persuaded the electorate than anybody to the left of centre is a Stalinist nutjob. So both Trump and Clinton can appear moderate and competent compared to the Republican far right, so long as they never propose anything remotely left wing. The US must be the only developed country in the world in which it is a political death sentence to propose either gun control or universal health care.
I think this is part of the reason that Americans tend not to understand Crimea. Ukraine had basically stopped funding pensions and health care. Elderly people voted to reunite with Russia; younger people did the same because they were tired of bailing out their elderly parents. It wasn’t rocket science. Apparently after the vote there were long queues as people waited to record their entitlements. It’s hard for Americans, or Westerners in general, to understand that the need to eat and get treatment can trump freedom and democracy. In 1994 the British cartoonist Steve Bell caricatured the British extreme right wing politician John Redwood going to Russia to tell Yeltsin that democracy meant you could “drive where you like and starve where you like.”

She’s actually Satan. A source very close to her tells me that flies land on her and she smells of sulfur. SUICIDE PILLS MASS MURDER PILLS METAL SHARKS IN THE WATER HOW MANY CHIMPANZEES CAN DANCE ON THE HEAD OF A PIN

10 Likes

Not really. As of now, 33 people voted, and only 3 of them prefer President Trump to nuclear war.

3 Likes

As the people who believe this also believe that Satan is the lord of this world, shouldn’t they be holding their noses and voting for her? For the rapture to happen the Antichrist has to be elected.

Or perhaps they’re just bloviating? Surely not.

4 Likes

I’ll bet the John Birch Society would have listened. (Today known as the Koch brothers.)