Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she’s 'cancer free'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/08/ruth-bader-ginsburg-says-she.html

16 Likes

29 Likes

That IS good news; more of this please.

25 Likes

I’m glad for her, but also:
giphy2

22 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

Especially appropriate given the Hebrew Shin hand sign. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Q: Will Ginsburg continue issuing well-considered legal opinions for years, even centuries, to come?

A:

ruth-bader-believe-it

22 Likes

I hate to be a party pooper, but you can’t call yourself “cancer-free” within months of treatment. She’s probably trying to reassure everyone, but technically an oncologist wouldn’t have used that term. I don’t even think they’d use the term “remission” after such a short time.

But YAY that they have found no further evidence of cancer at this point!!!

18 Likes

Hang in there darling, only another 12 months to go. 60 if Biden is nominee.

9 Likes

We can only hope. The odds of another term for the orange imbecile are way too high. Don’t underestimate the influence of the hypocrites from the religious right and the assorted fascist nutcases.

4 Likes

I feel like “cancer-free” is a new thing. I was was told by an oncologist family friend several years back that it’s always “remission” or “no evidence of disease.” Then I started hearing cancer-free all the time.

Either way, I’m absofuckinglutely happy for her, for her family, for all of us.

(Big exhale.)

11 Likes

So say we all!

7 Likes

I had an idea to consult pubmed-- and was getting hits, until I realized that “cancer-free control” appears in quite a few papers.

3 Likes

The Supreme Court has ruled otherwise. :wink:

10 Likes

I really want RBG to live forever.

But I really, really, really want her to live another 12 1/2 months.

4 Likes

National Treasure, no doubt about it.

3 Likes

All right, all right, there IS a God.

Unfortunately the cancer seems to have spread to other branches of government.

5 Likes

5 Likes