Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated in hospital for 'possible infection'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/14/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bad.html

6 Likes

Is that a transcription error and supposed to be “given ME some good rulings?” Why am I somehow shocked by this? I mean I know this by now, it’s all him all the time.

There’s that gif of the guy crouched by the filing cabinet sobbing to himself? That’s me.

1 Like

Please please hang in there, RBG. We need you.

26 Likes

If shit goes down, and RBG leaves this mortal coil, the UNFORGIVABLE response from the democrats will be to allow any further appointments from Trump.

15 Likes

THIS^^^
I mean, we can’t appoint a new SC justice this close to the election!!!
fuck mitch.

16 Likes

I don’t remember who it was, but a top republican strategist was quoted recently about how the next four months would play out for the GOP. Their outlook was pretty grim, but they indicated that a SCOTUS vacancy would be like an atomic bomb. I agree.

10 Likes

Is there a way for democrats to stop an appointment without a majority in the senate?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, they don’t have the numbers to stop it; Senate confirmation only requires a simple majority of votes.

9 Likes

I really like Xeni posts but every one sadly now I feel needs the tag

#NotMakingItToNovember

imagine what he’s going to do, win or lose, come November 3rd, he can do anything for the next two months at minimum without challenge, and he most sure as hell will

country is going to burn to the ground, his final bankruptcy with Barr and pals rolling out the red carpet in front of his tyrannical ass

2 Likes

No, but it is a nice thought, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Fuck a Jessie James bullshit, RBG deserves canonization much more!

1 Like

Why can I only like your comment one time?

2 Likes

I’m a hardcore athiest… But everytime I see a story about RBG’s health, I do say a prayer.

8 Likes

It’s hard for me to believe that there is no procedural fuckery that the dems could engage in that could stop a repiblican senate from approving another Trump appointee. That would make three from this guy.

Don’t they need a quorum to conduct business? Can’t the dems shut down the government?

After what McConnell got away with in 2016, this would be just too fucking much.

And just as with the electoral college, this lifetime appointment thing has gotta go. RBG has got a life to live, without the weight of all reasonable thinking people in the hemisphere resting on her shoulders!

4 Likes

No. That’s how we ended up with Kavanaugh. The only thing that can be done is to make it as toxic as possible for any Republican to give a yea vote. This will hopefully end up sinking Collins this year.

McConnell has already said if there’s a vacancy he’ll push it through, election be dammed.

8 Likes

And that ain’t all. “Word” is that Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito may retire this year… which would open the door for much younger GOP-Trump-stooge justices.

2 Likes

She’s out of intensive care and on antibiotics. She’s indestructible

11 Likes

From the outside there seems to be something wrong with the American system of supreme court appointmnet. RBG can’t retire (although maybe they don’t want to) due to the fear who will replace her. She must feel enormous pressure from all angles to stay on, every twist in her health is reported in bated breath.

6 Likes

What about if so many people flooded into Capitol Hill and shutdown all the streets around the Capitol?

Keep positive thoughts, everybody! Ruth is… Apollo 13, c’mon home and and headin’ back to the SC!!