Ruth Bader Ginsberg has died

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

God damn

Edit:

19 Likes

FUCK!

We are sooo fucked.

18 Likes

What do you want to bet we get Roger Stone (or Bill Barr?) as a new justice before the election?

3 Likes

RIP Justice Ginsberg.

18 Likes

I am buying my first gun tomorrow.

6 Likes

You may jest, but the list being floated as recently as last week includes such legal luminaries and scholars as *checks notes* Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Peter Thiel was on one of these lists.

McConnell had already promised to force through any nominee he can before the election. (Because blocking SCOTUS noms is only appropriate while a D is in charge.)

We are so fucked.

12 Likes

4 Likes

He had her killed didnā€™t he?

By he, I mean Putin.

1 Like

UPDATE : In a statement dictated to her granddaughter Clara Spera days before her death, Justice Ginsburg said, ā€œMy most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new President is installed.ā€ Per NPR reporter Susan Davis.

22 Likes

Trump doesnā€™t give a shit about a dying wish.

Neither does Mitch.

18 Likes

I want to throw up

10 Likes

Yeah, that seatā€™s gonna have an occupant before it even has a chance to cool off. And Dems will stammer something about ā€œbut last time you saidā€¦ā€ while McConnell feeds the constitution into a paper shredder, and nothing will come from it.

10 Likes

Do you think weā€™ll hear about the new ā€œnomineeā€ tonight? (it is a Friday, so that seems about right for dropping something horrible into the news cycle)

Did Mitch call for a weekend senate session yet? Or will trump attempt to make a ā€œrecessā€ appointment?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not even about ā€œlast timeā€. Thereā€™s literally nothing Senate Democrats can do to block this from happening. Republicans have the numbers, and Republicans changed the rules to allow confirmation by simple majority.

They have already happily confirmed a rapist to the bench this session (giving us two known rapists serving in the SCOTUS nowā€¦ great). Who knows what kind of evil they will try to force through next?

14 Likes

Unmitigated disaster. Consider that it is not unlikely the USSC will effectively decide the election. We are so fucked.

15 Likes

So, a contested election goes to court stacked with these evil fuckers now? JHC.

And we canā€™t leave the country now if we wanted to.

He had her killed.

5 Likes

I donā€™t believe this to be true. I doubt many of us her expected to live much longer if weā€™re being honest ā€” Pancreatic cancer is a complete motherfucker, even if you are someone thatā€™s as tough as nails like she was.

But heā€™s certainly reveling in this, I guarantee it.

15 Likes

6 Likes

I have no other wordsā€¦

9 Likes

Oh god I love you America. Please, please, please may the great part of you prevail. If you are destroyed by fascist I donā€™t think many of the rest of us will last long.

12 Likes