Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire from Supreme Court

Originally published at: Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire from Supreme Court | Boing Boing

9 Likes

15 Likes

I wonder what the senate’s excuse will be for not appointing the nominee.

40 Likes

ftfy

34 Likes

It’ll hurt white people’s feelings? /s

28 Likes

PACK THE FUCKING COURT, ALREADY.

50 Likes

Bill Hader Yes GIF

24 Likes

Queue the Repugnitan chorus of “It’s too late in the Biden Presidency to appoint a Supreme Court Justice!”

41 Likes

Also, it’s too early!

32 Likes

“Moderates” Garbage people be like:
download (50)

16 Likes

Oh, thank god. The reports that he was bristling at the idea of retirement baffled me to no end. It’s baffling how anyone in his position could see the result of RBG’s decision and then roll those dice himself, but lifetime appointments do tend to skew some people’s views.

Now they need to find the right 30 year old whose parents both lived well into their 90s and hope against hope that the actuary tables kick in for another certain member of the court.

17 Likes

That’s no “moderate”; it’s a sellout, a willing albatross whose only purpose is to obstruct the Dems.

32 Likes

Hasn’t Biden been appointing tons and tons of judges without problems?

12 Likes

Has he?

I admit I have only been paying attention to the larger courts …

12 Likes

Yes, because of the rule change made under McConnell. The fear is that this will be an issue because of how high profile the appointment is, and that the “moderates” will block it because of that.

It’s one of the successes he’s had that the media is ignoring because it does not fit with their “Biden is a failure on all fronts and it’s all his fault, not the GOP” narrative…

31 Likes

Seeking some imaginary “bipartisan solution” no doubt. But the end result will be the same.

11 Likes

Oof, yeah I added the quotation marks.

8 Likes

Yeah, he actually finished 2021 on pace for more appointments than trump. I don’t actually think it’s lost on this admin how critical getting things done before the midterm is.

ETA: Ah, @Mindysan33 edit-ninja’d me.

19 Likes

That’s actually good news.

15 Likes

coca cola coke GIF

Kristen Wiig Yep GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

17 Likes