Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for cancer, again

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/26/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-tr.html

Hang in there RBG…the world needs you right now.

23 Likes

6 Likes

shit. no. crap. please don’t die RBG.

6 Likes

RBG gone and it’s game over.

If, Jesus and Krishna forbid, something were to happen that would cause a vacancy in 2020, anybody want to take bets on whether McConnell would fill that seat rather than letting the American people have their say on the issue? If/when that happens, I’m not sure our system can take it.

5 Likes

The NPR story had a bit more upbeat sound to it, saying that she had made no changes to her social calendar during treatment, and was seen at shows/etc.

Terminator 4 (or is it 5 now?!) should be RBG.

4 Likes

There is no good outcome when the words “malignant” and “pancreas” are used in the same sentence. We just have to hope that the radiation buys her (and all of us) enough time to run 45 out of DC on a rail.

4 Likes

I would not take that bet, because it’s a perfect certainty he would fill that seat in a heartbeat.

If a supreme court seat were to become vacant on 13 February 2020, Mitch “Gravedigger of Democracy” McConnell would have that seat filled before the chair got cold.

#MoscowMitch

Edit to add: I think we can rest assured there is already a short-list on ⊥rump’s desk for RBG’s replacement, as well as a dozen prayer circles (Fundamentalist Evangelical Christians, natch) who are praying for her immediate death and sticking pins in dolls that look like her.

7 Likes

I know that was sarcasm but logical reality has gone ‘on vacay’… that bad juju will come right back to them; you don’t mess with belief systems that you don’t understand.

6 Likes

“Should a Supreme Court justice die next year, what will your position be on filling that spot?” an attendee asked, setting up a scenario that would mirror 2016, when Justice Antonin Scalia died suddenly in February.
“Oh, we’d fill it,” McConnell said with a wry, tight-lipped smile.

there is your answer.

also, fuck McConnell.

16 Likes

Hang in there RBG. The best minds in medicine are working on this.

Dear Nancy Pelosi… Do your job. Start impeachment hearings today.

7 Likes

If only mitch would get gaseous gangrene of the asshole and kick the bucket first (of painful natural causes)

The man is an amoral monster

1 Like
2 Likes

Yeah, the local news was all upbeat about how she’d visited University at Buffalo where they gave her an honorary doctorate.

If we have ever needed the Golden Throne from 40k to be real…

Oh, he would fill that seat, and do it with glee.

3 Likes

Id like to fill moscow mitch’s senate seat with dogshit, preferably the liquidy kind. Its the only thing he deserves to sit in everyday

2 Likes

Coincidentally that’s precisely what it’s filled with when he sits there!

giphy

2 Likes