Ryanair says it "will not tolerate" in-flight racial abuse after tolerating it

It’s the “fighting words” defense.

6 Likes

Case in point.

8 Likes

You missed part of the translation:

As this is now a police matter = nothing will happen except half the police force will report to hospital for laughter-related asphyxia; the racist fucker will get a medal; and the victim will be arrested on for causing emotional and possibly financial distress to the racist fucker, because thanks to her, his actions might have consequence.

Police matter. Snort!

I’m really good at pretending to sleep when someone needs to get out for the bathroom.

Maybe quietly whisper “everybody hates you” in my sleep.

1 Like

Yeah … nah.

Ships - like trains - are fabulously efficient, which is one reason why ‘food miles’ is a bullshit way of comparing and selecting food sources.

They are, however, famously slow. That doesn’t matter when you’ve got a constant stream of manufactured goods moving between source and market, with another shipload arriving every day or every week. It does matter - a lot - when you have a weeks-worth of holiday, and it takes four days to get to where you’re going.

2 Likes

that nazi gasbags like this clown lack even a remote shred of common decency is mind blowing. they should have strapped him to the outside of the plane.

Of total global air emissions, shipping accounts for 18 to 30 percent of the nitrogen oxide and 9 percent of the sulphur oxides.

Link

Cruise ships are a good counterexample that illustrates my point. “Efficiency” comes into play when you are solving a problem. Moving people around to places they need to go is a legitimate problem. But cruise ships dont do that. If they were shut down (good idea!) people would not try to do the same thing on sailboats.

In every discussion of energy issues I ever see, theres always the presumption that people will use more power in the future than they do now. And since this is inevitable (the reasoning goes) then the only responsible direction to take, is to try to meet this increasing demand with renewable (sometimes nuclear) energy.

Which is utter bullshit. After plankton stops making oxygen, the atmosphere goes anaerobic, and all these energy consumers asphyxiate, then the total amount of energy produced is going to be zero. There are countless other worst case scenarios that leave some human survivors, yet they involuntarily reduce their carbon footprint.

I want to see if it’s possible to reduce our carbon footprint by using less energy overall. Weird, huh?

1 Like

Fat, privileged, ignorant and old white says ‘what’?

1 Like

Just to close the loop on this before the thread closes…

Relax everyone. The guy said he just had a temper tantrum…no big deal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.