Sacha Baron Cohen confronts Roy Moore with a beeping "pedophile detector"

Hmm, maybe it’s because SBC has a political conscience, and he’s able to see who the especially dangerous bad guys are right now, and is willing to use his program in a progressive activist mode?

And speaking of progressive, even revolutionary, art, I just saw Sorry to Bother You. It’s awesome! Lots of fun too. (I think at one point, I even saw the ghost of Emma Goldman dancing in the aisle!)

4 Likes

I agree there’s good reasons for doing so. The treatment is fair, if not equal.

1 Like

And thank The Goddess for that. I’m so sick of the corporate media’s dangerous false equivalencies and concomitant refusal to call out scurrilous rightwing shittiness for what it is (including when establishment Dems do it).

3 Likes

Clearly you have not yet fully integrated the knowledge of “all being one.” :wink:

2 Likes

PROTIP: Don’t do or say stupid racist shit and nobody can make you look like a stupid racist shitbag on TV.

7 Likes

Sounds like you’ve been spending too much time reading Dr. Bronner’s Soap labels!

4 Likes

LOL I BOUGHT SOME TODAY! For like the first time in years! ALL ONE! :wink: hahahaha :heart:

4 Likes

Yesss, love that stuff.

It’s…magical.

5 Likes

true.true, and glad they are being shamed …but (regarding the show on the whole) he’s got to be smarter if he’s trying to do something with sanders, kopple, pelosi, etc. At least for balance, I think theres also humor value in frustrating a super liberal however both the Dr. Nira Cain-N’Degeocello and Billy Wayne Ruddick characters are pretty shallow. too bad he didn’t try for a self righteous proud boy type.

1 Like

There is a lot of episodes left in the season still!

the guy in the dress who I suspect to be a local Atlanta area actor by the name of Jeff Brochu

I followed the link, there’s no way that’s the same guy! Look, maybe SBC had to try this setup 5 times before he found 3 guys dumb enough to make it entertaining. But I don’t think there are plants–it would get out, local people would recognise him and use it to discredit the whole thing as faked from start to finish.

I’m not 100%, but it could be the same guy. Different haircut, darkened hair, and add a little weight. Put a hat on him and it’s a dead ringer, almost. The fly in the ointment for me is the bump on his left cheek in the show.

SBC is as likely as anyone to suffer from hubris.

That was spectacular.

But, civility!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.