Sad, weird "sheet of paper waist challenge" in China

[Read the post]

This seems super-easy to game (by using A3 paper, or holding it closer to the camera).

How are we supposed to know how thinspiring people really are?

17 Likes

Nice to see that ā€œbody dysmorphic disorderā€ is alive and well.

7 Likes

So perhaps the continued use of 8.5" wide paper in the US instead of Narrower A4 explains our epidemic of obesity? (just joking)

20 Likes

Another fine American cultural export: anorexia.

Sad indeed.

4 Likes

Shoop!!! Pixels!!!

3 Likes

ā€œAlly oop, baby, shoop, there it is and now I gotcha
Three pixels left, itā€™s just enuff for me to shock ya
Now check it, how I flip the RGBā€¦ā€

6 Likes

I just stuck a post-it over the lens of the camera and now I can eat whatever I want.

27 Likes

I know your typical Asian is smaller than we are here in Murica, butā€¦ ew. Skin and bones? Iā€™m all about the bass.

4 Likes

Wait, how does America figure into this? We didnā€™t invent neurosis, you know.

4 Likes

I got this, no problem. Iā€™ll just grab an A0 sheet off the press.

3 Likes

Well, sure, but this particular type of neurosis has been an American specialty over the past few decades. Point taken, though. Loopy behavior is seldom culturally appropriated.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I could hide behind either dimension of 11x17 sheet of paper.

3 Likes

Depends on the units. If it is feet, it could work well.

9 Likes

Iā€™m all about that bass, 'bout that bass, no herringā€¦

8 Likes

BoingBoing has taught me that a personā€™s sexual preferences are determined at birth and are nothing to be ashamed of. Unless of course youā€™re male and prefer slim women.

10 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what sort of waist circumference would this work out to? Plainly more than 16 inches and less than 25 ā‰ˆ 8Ļ€ (or 8Ļ„/2), so maybe about 20 around? I donā€™t really know the eccentricity of a typical waist, and wonder just how unhealthy it might be.

Wait, does it count as astroturf if youā€™re promoting a book that you havenā€™t written yet?

9 Likes

Itā€™s research!

3 Likes

#Heifers!
Everybody knows that the acceptable standard for waist measurement is whether somebody can wrap their fingers around oneā€™s waist.

5 Likes

[Citation needed]