Sadistic driver intentionally splashes people as he drives through puddles

Driver is a jerk and I’m not sorry he’s facing some consequences.

Not sure how I feel about our panopticon way of living, all the same. Dash-cams in particular illuminate that we’re collectively having a hard time absorbing the truth: Outside of an enclosed space that one owns and/or controls, like a residence, one may very well be on camera at any given moment. The future is watching you pick your nose. The future will know that you were a jaywalker.

And our rate of recording is only going up.

1 Like

And just plain ordinary crap too.

1 Like

Ironic that the there’s all this discussion about cops and reporting to police on this thread because the last time this happened to me it was a state trooper in a marked car.

I was walking my dog down the main street of our small town in a major rain storm and the statie came right up to the curb to drive through a big puddle and soak both of us. I guess that was his version of serving and protecting.

It’s 1988… I have my first car, a fire engine red 1978 lincon mercury zephyr… I randomly and sadistically splash people. More than once as a child I had had it happen to me… and I’m 18ish and filled with the sensibilities of an idiot kid of the era.

So, one day I see a group of kids and a huge puddle and know the timing is going to be right. So I steer a little to the right without slowing down, maybe going 35, and the water ripped the god damn muffler right the fuck off. An instant karma kinda thing. $129 (a huge amount to a punk ass kid like me in 1988) flushed down the toilet. The kids? Well seems they were aware enough to mostly scatter and avoid a lot of the water. I could see them pointing and laughing as they heard my car go from quiet to obnoxiously loud.

1 Like

ftfy  

Christ, what an asshole!

(came here for this, was dissappointed that it was left up to me…)

2 Likes

“…impacted by…” Man, people don’t even try. Perhaps they would not even know how to write this any less impersonally and stupidly. “Idiocracy” is now.

Yup, allegedly, he/she is fired.

1 Like

Farva always takes things too far.

Yes, this is terrible, boorish behavior but am I going to Hell because I laughed a little bit? Maybe because it didn’t happen to me. I’d be all up in it if some jerk did this to me, or somebody I know. I’m sorry, I’m an awful person.

to swerve and project

1 Like

Here in Norway, this will lose you your licence in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

My friend and I also did this one night as teenagers. It was a spur of the moment sort of thing, and I’m sure we would have felt pretty shitty about it afterwards. The splash as we drove by completely missed the guy on the sidewalk. The only people soaked in dirty puddle water were my friend and I, as a fucking torrent of water shot up through the shifter. We laughed for ages, which was about how long it took to get the taste of puddle out of our mouths.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.