Safeguard your eyes from your iPhone's blue light with this $30 screen protector

Originally published at: Safeguard your eyes from your iPhone's blue light with this $30 screen protector | Boing Boing

Seems odd to pitch this specifically to iPhone users, when the same feature has been built into iOS for some years (and can be adjusted and set to vary according to time of day)

14 Likes

Android as well.

5 Likes

BS: this is the most useless gadget ever posted on a sponsored page, since the era of anti-radiation stickers, of course!

3 Likes

Thats a pretty high bar

6 Likes

Info to consider:

5 Likes

No, it cannot. Your computer or phone screens do not and cannot damage your retinas.

This ad is a straight up fraud in my opinion.

Blue light from electronic devices is not going to increase the risk of macular degeneration or harm any other part of the eye.

4 Likes

If you don’t believe CBC Marketplace or Harvard Health, will you believe The American Academy of Opthamology (Professional Eye Doctors?) Blue Light and Digital Eye Strain - American Academy of Ophthalmology when they say:
"it’s not necessary to spend money on special eye wear for computer use. Here’s why:

• Blue light from computers will not lead to eye disease. It is true that overexposure to blue light and UV light rays from the sun can raise the risk of eye disease, but the small amount of blue light coming from computer screens has never been shown to cause any harm to our eyes.
  • Sleep can be improved without special eyeglasses. You don’t need to spend extra money on blue light glasses to improve sleep— simply decrease evening screen time and set devices to night mode.
  • Digital eye strain is not caused by blue light. The symptoms of digital eye strain are linked to how we use our digital devices, not the blue light coming out of them.

BoingBoing should stop promoting and profiting from ‘snake-oil’. There is no integrity in promoting and selling this unscientific nonsense.

8 Likes

And every minute of that time, your eyes are under assault from insidious blue light.

If only there was some source of blue light that might have allowed our eyes to evolve a defence against this insidious threat!

2 Likes

The BB Store might not sell any of this pseudo-scientific claptrap to us, but it certainly seems to drive engagement :smiley: We all come rushing in to pour scorn on the latest grift on offer.

5 Likes

But the blue light makes me look younger…

2 Likes

And it will keep you young forever.

Oh, and before I go, there’s just one thing I’ve got to tell you; it’s…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.