Sales of classic "Yo Semite" t-shirt rocket after Trump gaffe

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/11/sales-of-classic-yo-semite.html

1 Like

I remember reading it as Yo-smite :smiley:

3 Likes

Who says Donald Trump isn’t good for business? He’s a regular Ronald McDonald, Mayor McCheese, Grimace, and Hamburglar all rolled into one.

1 Like

Been wearing that tee for over 10 years.

5 Likes

Hamberderer

8 Likes

I bought a couple.

Option to buy RBG Judgemints at checkout was nice.

6 Likes

The museum is in financial trouble (moreso even than all other museums currently - they entered bankruptcy protection weeks before COVID, making them ineligible for a PPP loan). These shirts really help support their continued existence.

4 Likes

I would like a t-shirt rocket.

I’m ashamed to say i though it was pronounced yose mite for years. In my defence, i’m a brit, i’d only ever read it, and never made a connection to when i heard it.
I thought yosemite sam was spelt yo samitty sam…

3 Likes

It’s really not designed for repeat visits. One whiff of that pile of shoes is enough for anyone.

5 Likes

That is a beautifuil ftfy.

Probably needs a wash by now.

4 Likes

Thigh-land please

1 Like

Growing up with friends with Japanese immigrant parents, I first heard it as “Yo-seh-Mee-tay”, then figured out after seeing it written that it was the same as “Yosemite Sam”…

1 Like

I wish there was a link to buy one. I don’t expect to ever get out to Yosemite National Park.

That’s a different museum (and, being part of the Smithsonian, has a totally different set of funding issues).

This one is in Philadelphia and is about the American Jewish experience.

1 Like

There is:

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be giving him way too much credit?