Saltimus Prime and Snowbi Wan Kenobi among winners of snowplow naming contest

Originally published at: Saltimus Prime and Snowbi Wan Kenobi among winners of snowplow naming contest | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I still think the Connecticut Department of Transportation missed an opportunity by not following up “Scoop Dogg” with a backup machine named “Lil’ Plow Wow.”

15 Likes

I’ve long thought that I ever get to enter such a contest (unlikely: aside from yesterday, Vancouver doesn’t get much snow), I’m likely to go with “Snowbi Gon Kenobi.”

6 Likes

I’d go with Mr. Plow

3 Likes

Oh, I am absolutely with you there. Much more memorable (even iconic) than whatever they actually named it. See? I just proved their chosen name was not sufficiently distinguishable from every other ship out there.

1 Like

It’s worth pointing out that the research vessel is named after one of the best known and respected British individuals in the world, Sir David Attenborough. Boaty McBoatface is the name of the lead boat of a fleet of three AUV’s (Autonomous Underwater Vehicles), that are carried by RRS Sir David Attenborough.
Everyone wins here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.