Samsung satellite crashes in family's yard

Absolutely correct! This didn’t fall far, and definitely didn’t de-orbit. I would hold it for a ransom of say, a big screen OLED and top-of-the-line appliances.

5 Likes

5 Likes

31 Likes
11 Likes

If this was a Nokia 3310 Satellite, I’d be less sceptical regarding its relatively undamaged condition.

3 Likes

Guy holding the bottle, “Look at this ingredients label; this shit is practically pure fucking sugar!”

@Crackpot-Jackpot Welcome aboard. I really like your name.

3 Likes

I don’t think anything carried aloft by balloon can properly be referred to as a ‘satellite’. Beacon, transmitter, relay, repeater - maybe one of these were the terms you were looking for? Oh yeah, sensationalizing! Sorry, I forgot.

3 Likes

Samsung doesn’t make OLEDs and are still pushing their QLED nonsense meant to trick consumers.

I will say that the satellite appears to be holding up much better than Samsung’s other tech products.

6 Likes

Real solar panels do not bend.

11 Likes

I had the same thought. It’s clearly just a satellite mock-up (of about the quality and realism you’d expect in a suburban mall display or as a theatrical prop made by non-technically-minded but competent high schoolers), and using the word satellite unmodified is not just deceptive, it’s totally untrue. It’s annoying that marketing lies like this apparently work.

5 Likes

it’s wrong to wish on space hardware

5 Likes

And why does a sat need legs? Is there a space bar we don’t know about yet?

spacebar_1

8 Likes

Cory, please consider correcting the headline? This is obviously not a satellite in any sense of the word…

5 Likes

Samsung heard that Apple was planning to launch a satellite, so they did what they usually do: make a cheap rip-off of it as quickly and cheaply as possible!

6 Likes

Believe me, you do NOT want to live in interesting times…

2 Likes

Reviewer probably peeled off the plastic layer. Someday they’ll get that pesky Fold working!

6 Likes

Because Samsung.

History Channel: ALIEN SPACESHIP crashes in family’s yard. It was…ALIENS! I am now selling all movie rights about horse being saved from aliens. Get at me movie studios!

3 Likes

The SF Examiner offered $10,000 in 1979 for the first person to bring them a piece of Skylab. Might be worth trying to hit them up for a few bucks.

Maybe Larry Walters got a sponsorship deal?

3 Likes

next thing you’ll know they be landing an iPad at the cape