San Diego is America's safest city, but Republicans keep claiming that the US-Mexican border is responsible for "gangs, drugs, human trafficking and massive crime"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/31/fucker-carlson.html

9 Likes

Those libs are only not being murdered to make Trump look bad! And something something guns.

22 Likes

I’ve been to San Diego enough times to know that honestly, everyone is to goddamn mellow there for nearly this amount of crime to happen…

I think it’s the overarching smell of weed everywhere combined with cheap and plentiful fish tacos.

19 Likes

More directly, immigrant communities everywhere in the US, whether or not they are predominantly illegal, have significantly lower crime rates (of all types) than the US average. The “rapist, drug-dealing human trafficker” trope has ALWAYS been utter bullshit, mellow border community or not ^^’.

27 Likes

“It’s called statistics…look it up, clearly they are manipulating the statistics to falsely show that the boarder is more safer when it is less safest” /s

7 Likes

San Antonio is in central Texas, not on the border.

9 Likes

As is Phoenix…

8 Likes

Well, that too. It’s Schroedinger’s Immigrant:

Simultaneously hard-working and going to steal all your jobs while also being a lazy, drug peddling gang member who’s raping all your white women.

(Subtext mine, but not far off from things I’ve heard literally on the same day out of the same people, including Tucker Carlson).

20 Likes

I thought Phoenix was in AZ not TX.:wink:

4 Likes

The Brennan Center’s report only focuses on legal municipalities, not metropolitan areas, so I find there’s something to be desired in the research.

2 Likes

That’s what happens when you get your “facts” from mainstream reality.

6 Likes

No, no, no. Of course not. They skip over the border cities and seek out the suburbs with the highest Fox News viewership demographics. They look for the satellite dishes, so you should probably cover yours up in a festive tinsel disguise or one of these:

8 Likes

Well, obviously George Soros tells the MS-13-affiliated illegal immigrants that he smuggles across the border in the trunk of his Lexus: “Don’t start shit as soon as you cross the border or you’ll fuck everything up for everyone else, wait till you get to Baltimore and then you can cut loose.”

(I’d add a ‘/s’ to this but it’s pointless because I know that within three days someone on Fox News will be making this exact argument in all seriousness, although possibly without the George Soros bit).

10 Likes

To be fair, Tijuana (one big city) has 100.77 homocides per 100,000 (according to Wikipedia). That being said, it makes a lot of sense for him to say - “The most important way to stop gangs, drugs, human trafficking and massive crime is at our Southern Border.”.

1 Like

Canada taking notes…

23 Likes

Perhaps Tucker Carlson’s viewpoint is because La Jolla is economically disparate and insulated from San Ysidro. It’s like San Diego’s own little Beverly Hills.

And no, there’s still a lot of racist sentiment (often ignorant) in San Diego. When San Diegans speak of visiting Tijuana, they usually mean Ensenada, and when I mention living in south-central TJ, they make this face:

17 Likes

Is this what happens when you get taco trucks on every corner?

14 Likes

Would be a very smart move :slight_smile: Wasn’t much interested before in murder rate but i checked Wikipedia and it seems United States has 5 cities in the top 50 (Brazil: 17, Mexico: 12 and Venezuela: 5). Was not aware how violent some places in USA are (I am from Europe). I assume it is mostly drug related crime.

1 Like

Not enough evidence. Need more taco trucks to help me find out.

Preferably in multiple cities/regions to help me really get a good baseline.

11 Likes

This seems like clear evidence that foreigners are too degenerate to embrace our 2nd amendment values. They must be stopped!

7 Likes