San Francisco's competitive lightsaber academy opens this week

Some Jedi always have to learn the hard way.

you mean, a good way for kids to connect with their Gen X parents.

I’m glad they’re doing this in San Francisco, because it’s just another reason to loathe the city for it’s pretentiousness. home of artisanal toast, electric cars, and Harry Potter-reading adults.

On the plus side we haven’t had any @IOvUF sightings go a while, so that’s one less problem.

2 Likes

yeah, I was bummed they kept me at the city limits because I refused to ride a fixie, grow a mustache long enough to wax, plant hemp in a community garden, switch all my media back to cassette, work at consecutive failed tech start-ups, wear clothing from the 80’s without any sense of irony, come out as pansexual, burn for Bernie, and become a raw vegan.

you’re right…I’m the problem. the city is not pretentious at all.

1 Like

San Francisco is all those things and more! We even adopted the Folsom Street Fair look as our year-round dress code! Save yourself some heartache and stay far, far away.

3 Likes

Obligs…

3 Likes

Everyday is halloween!

2 Likes

if it was FSF or Bay to Breakers attire every day, the city would actually be a much better place.

honestly @Brainspore, try to get over it and yourself. sorry to burst your smug bubble, but love the place as you do - or not, as so many others feel, you’re so entrenched in the obnoxious culture that you can no longer identify it all around you. gain a little perspective.

New York has self important braggarts, Los Angeles has self serving braggarts, and San Francisco has self righteous braggarts. accept and move on.

That does explain your avatar.

1 Like

Why the hate? Do you feel it surging within you?

1 Like

Clearly you spend a lot of time in San Francisco… (or have ever been there). Next up: complaining about Burning Man!

So what city has your “ideal” culture? Dallas?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.