Documentary about "Star Wars Kid" and the consequences of his pre-YouTube viral video

Originally published at: Documentary about "Star Wars Kid" and the consequences of his pre-YouTube viral video | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Both Raza and the filmmakers have a great attitude toward this project. It’s exciting that the consumer Internet is old enough that they can delve into its history to find the roots of some of it current dysfunction.

5 Likes

how/when can we see this? the link seems to just show a trailer, and i didn’t see any other info for how to see it. i can’t possibly imagine how terrible it was for him at the time, but i think now he would be embraced by the SW community, because we’ve all been him, imagining kicking ass with a lightsaber. that guy is a hero. EDIT: whoops, duh. very last line, lol. blush

2 Likes

“Sorry this content is not available to view in your current location.”

I mean, I know the way around but it’s still annoying.

Certainly a better title than any of the last 6 mainline Star Wars films.

“the first viral video”?

Doesn’t that title go to the dancing baby? Or (pre internet) maybe the exploding whale?

3 Likes

Dancing Baby was 1996.
Troops was 1997, and I recall that clogging the office connection.

3 Likes

Haha, now you know how Canadians feel, like… all the time on the internet. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Solidarity fistbump from Australia.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.