San Francisco's Millennium Tower is not so fixed

Ah, now we’re thinking!

Now we just need an unending source of hot air to keep the jack inflated. I have some ideas…

8 Likes

Yes, load-bearing expanding foam. I’ve seen that a couple of times. Because silicon-based caulk isn’t always an option.

5 Likes

She said BUTT…

Beavis And Butthead Lol GIF by Paramount+

8 Likes

slow motion until the next earthquake i’d guess.

6 Likes

It’s okay, the lawyers got a restraining order against the foundation.

5 Likes

An inch further from career assassination.

2 Likes

Let this be a lesson kids. Don’t do designer drugs.

At this point, aren’t we dealing with the sunk cost fallacy?

9 Likes

Sunk cost fallacy applied to sinking condo reality?

11 Likes

One test is worth 10 models and 100 expert opinions. This slow-motion building collapse is a great test of those models.

8 Likes

The key to a robust model is iteration. After the tower collapses, they’ll have lots of new data to drive their analysis. Then they’ll have to rebuild everything exactly as it was, rehire Hamburger to work his special magic, and let the tower collapse again before they can quantify the improvement. Five or six cycles should tune the model up real sweet.

11 Likes

Calvin and Hobbes Dad explains science - S Anand

10 Likes

Everyone said I was daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up.

13 Likes

I’d sooner ask for your advice than ask for Ronald Hamburger’s.

4 Likes

Ah yes, I hadn’t quite divined your attitude towards your tenants.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.