Satanic Panic 2.0: The Momo Challenge hoax [TW: Self-harm/suicide]

1 Like

Yeah kids YT is so fucked up that it isiterally the only thing I feel I have to monitor my kids watching. This weekend she managed to find a mid-90s Snow White anime (full series complete with that classic 90s dubbing called “The Legend of Snow White”) and I have to sit there and hope that one of these things doesn’t algorithm itself into the shit that I don’t want her seeing.

It gets especially bad because she likes cryptozoology videos and ghost videos and I have to pre-watch any of them to filter out the crap like Momo. I really don’t know how I will handle her having direct access so this stuff in a year or two since I won’t be able to prevent it without doing hypocritical things while trying to teach her about the importance of personal privacy.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Headline is a bit misleading.

Aiso was quoted telling The Sun (via Asia One and News Australia ) that the work, which was never intended to be long-lasting, was rotting and falling apart, so he threw it away.

Reckon it would have been quite the draw otherwise.

I mean it has presumably been compacted by now.

Either way:

“The children can be reassured Momo is dead—she doesn’t exist and the curse is gone.”

“Not that there was a curse in the first place. Oh my no! Pretend that I never said curse. Slip of the lips.”

1 Like

When I first heard of this, I thought it was about the (unoriginally named) Missouri Monster, or MOMO.

I ponder if this will injure the good name of Wonder Momo from here on out.

And this movie’s title has a weird new context, at least for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.