Satanic Temple display at Iowa Capitol destroyed by upset Christian man

Hypocrisy hasn’t stopped them before, or ever that I can recall - why would it now?

6 Likes

The whole idea is to goad Talibangelicals into stupid reactions. FSM won’t do the job.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

this is a long history of white, Christian extremism that is NOT remotely influenced by Muslims. Just… don’t make that comparison, because it’s NOT remotely helpful.

9 Likes

I wonder if those fees will be coming out of his own pocket, or maybe his campaign’s, or possibly the state of Florida’s?

5 Likes

Was it may God?

Gileadeans probably works.

Roe V Wade Handmaids GIF by GIPHY News

3 Likes

As the evangelicals aren’t representative of all xtians, neither are the taliban representative of all muslims.
I think we can all agree that they are both radical extremists… and they probably hate each other

It’s not a comparison, so much as it is meant as an insult to both of those extreme factions.

I, for one, DGAFF about hurting the tender feelings of either of 'em.

And which is why I refer to the christofascist Lite Gov of Texas as ‘Taliban Dan’.
For now, & forever more.

If it’s making fun of both of them, why do you never see names like Talibangelicals used for the Taliban? It’s always done as if Christian fundamentalists are copying them, never the other way around. Just as if it’s washing the west’s hands of all the bread crumbs leading to the problem, which you maybe should care about.

8 Likes

That lame god is just as insecure as its followers.

Bonus: Many linguists who study ancient Mediterranean and Middle Eastern languages have concluded the name Jehovah comes from the name of an Ancient Egyptian Moon god, Iah. This god was also known as Aah, and Allah, originally a cranky and vindictive pagan Moon god, got his name from that version. My personal explorations of Egyptian myth indicate Iah/Aah did not share his foreign "descendants’ " insecurity, gangsterism, anger, genocidal tendencies, sexism, bloodthirst, nor lust for revenge.

4 Likes

I use “Xtianists”. It reflects their failure to hold to the core tenets of the religion they profess to follow, and that it’s less about religion than it is about ideology for them.

6 Likes

Yeah, part of my fucking argument dude.

Which is irrelevant to my point.

Yes, it is, and it’s ignores the actual history of our own religious extremism, and assumes that these Christians are taking a page from Islamists. The opposite is the case, in fact. It blames Muslims for our problems. That’s why it’s a problem, because it feeds into the assumption that White Christians can’t be extremists on their own, that they must have taken it from other people who aren’t white. It centers whiteness as the default “good” rather than calling out people for their own extremism, which is embedded in our culture and exported elsewhere.

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
:woman_shrugging:

Um… I’m not sure it matters even if that’s ultimately true, because that’s not what it meant when the religion developed and since. Plus, Islam developed in the Arabian desert, not in Egypt, anyway - it was a couple of centuries after the religion formed before they conquered Eygpt - by then, their ideas were already well-developed and centralized.

And of course, that’s also was a BS concept pushed by Christian fundamentalists and found in Jack Chick comic as a means of insulting and discounting Muslims as not really being monotheists, which they absolutely are, too, so. They absolutely worship the same god as Jews and Christians, and term Allah in Arabic (which they would not have been speaking in ancient eygpt) means God. The ideas found in Islam are directly from previous monotheistic teachings of Judaism and Christanity, and claims connection with the patriarch Abraham.

9 Likes

Vince!

Love that series.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.