Satanic Temple installed baby Baphomet display at Illinois Capitol building

Self-awareness or a basic understanding of the US Constitution is clearly not a strong point in the Catholic Church.

13 Likes

28 Likes

Well in that case, neither should a Nativity scene, because, you know, the First Amendment, which, given the history of anti-Catholicism in the US, you’d think the bishop would be a bit more grateful for.

19 Likes

They are working on that. Lots of fundie groups of all sorts would love to make their version mandatory.

For such, Freedom of religion means Freedom for OUR religion, yours (or you if you lack proper “godliness”) can go to hell.

11 Likes

They are The Satanic Temple, not the Democratic party

15 Likes

22 Likes

Where are the holiday homages to Mithras, Osiris, Quetzalcoatl, Coyote, Loki, Kali, or L.Ron Hubbard? I sense injustice…

4 Likes

I read that as Mothras, now that would be a display.

6 Likes

Really not helping your cause, guys…

6 Likes

Yeah, right? Are they saying demanding equal rights is evil?
It’s a bad look…

12 Likes

But Pastor Tony Greene insisted that everyone misunderstood the message.

“Our sign referencing Satan demanding his equal rights to ascend into the heavens and be God was simply ‘I’ and all about that individual,” Greene told WATE. “It was not a statement against any one group in particular, you know what about the rights of the unborn babies, the rights of children, the rights of everyone?

That retcon is every bit as convincing as when Grumpy Cat’s owner claimed that the cat, named Tard, was named after “tartar sauce”. :-/

16 Likes

I think a lot of Christians would argue that it’s Pastor Tony Greene who misunderstood Christ’s message.

14 Likes

But not MAGA Christians…

3 Likes

Thankfully they aren’t the only Christians who count.

The MAGA Christians are really just Christians in name only now since they’ve clearly substituted the guy on the cross for a newer, oranger deity.

14 Likes

Apparently not, since all the people who meekly and boringly object to public endorsements of Christianity are not only failing to change policy but also not even getting into the news either

12 Likes

For people who allegedly believe in God, they spend a lot of time fixating on this other God that they say they don’t believe in. And that God is less of a complete bastard than the one they worship.

5 Likes

Whereas MAGA Christians claim Obama is the anti-christ (because smart, fit, capable African American dude) and ignore that Trump fits all the criteria to a T, a giant gold-encrusted T.

5 Likes

Even the Antichrist is less gross than Trump.

The Antichrist looks at Trump and says “dude, tone it down a little”

11 Likes

True, true. Pretty sure Satan has way more class than Trump.

4 Likes

And much better legal acuity.

10 Likes