Satanic Temple statue unveiled at Arkansas State Capitol

Or they hear the voices that are shouting. Take your pick.

8 Likes

The 10 Commandments monument looks like a tombstone. A bronze version of this would be more exciting:

10Commandments

5 Likes

A nit: they would be suing the Arkansas state government, not the federal government.

3 Likes

I am just reminded of the line from Night Court, a guy walks in dressed like Moses with the 10 Commandment tablets.

Roz: You know they have them on paperback now.

9 Likes

I would prefer a version of this one.

27 Likes

These satanists are basically goth pastafarians.

12 Likes

Awesome. Except for the bronze part. That size sculpture in bronze is super expensive and it’s no doubt going to see its share of vandalism. They should have put a decoy out for a while to see what happens, then hit em w/ the permanent stuff!

2 Likes

Trolling Level: Expert

14 Likes

With burning bushes. Hmmmmm.

3 Likes

Bertram Gilfoyle is pleased…

3 Likes

They need their safe spaces.

2 Likes

Ramen to that!

9 Likes

Why not one of these?
Only thing more rampant in the US than christian fanaticism is prudery.

11 Likes

I like the Baphomet statue. Much more interesting than the tombstone.

6 Likes

Bet it smells good too.

2 Likes

We have one in Birmingham Alabama. It’s not affiliated with the Satanic Church…but rather a fantasy piece by artist Frank Fleming. “The Storyteller”

11 Likes
5 Likes

cryptosatanism?

2 Likes

Myth Believers just about sums it up. That was my thought when I saw the one Xtian guy, who shows up at about 1:37 in that video, who appeared to be holding a decent size statue of some guy nailed to crossed pieces of wood. If you ask me, that’s about the same level of mythology that the other folks are celebrating. But scarier! Him holding that thing kinda made him look foolish, though I do appreciate him not talkin’ smack like I would have expected.

2 Likes

" "No matter what these extremists may claim, it will be a very cold day in hell before an offensive statue will be forced upon us to be permanently erected on the grounds of the Arkansas State "
I agree. So please take down that 10 commandment statue right now.

10 Likes