Saudi official openly issued death threat to U.N. Khashoggi investigator during meeting with U.N.

Originally published at: Saudi official openly issued death threat to U.N. Khashoggi investigator during meeting with U.N. | Boing Boing

9 Likes

And nothing of meaningful consequence happens, as you’d expect.

28 Likes

Right. I think it’s a mistake that this post is tagged “dumb criminals”. I think these criminals understand correctly that they need not fear justice.

21 Likes

“These accusations of murder are baseless nonsense! How do you know that Khashoggi didn’t pack himself into all those diplomatic pouches leaving the consulate, hmm??”

19 Likes

Talk about dialling the Streisand Effect to eleven!

8 Likes

The House of BoneSaud. Underneath all that money and the recognition it’s sovereignty by Western states that bunch remains a bunch of violent and short-sighted feudal thugs.

26 Likes

They [Saudis] didn’t fly those jets into the Twin Towers either…

13 Likes

WINNER WINER BONE SAW DINNER

16 Likes

I for one welcome the fall of the House of Saud.

11 Likes

“If you keep repeating these scurrilous accusations of murder, which is nothing but slander spread by our political enemies, we might just have to kill you, too.”

It seems pretty much the opposite of that, in that everyone already knows they did it, and they’re presuming, probably correctly, that death threats will cause people to back off rather than cause consequences for themselves.

18 Likes

Yep. It’s basically the same reason the NRA posts pro-2nd-Amendment tweets after mass shootings. “You’ll never stop us. We always win. Beg us for mercy, loser.”

10 Likes

“Gee, it would be a shame if someone, y’know, put a bomb in your investigator’s house…” /wiseguy

2 Likes

If only somebody could convince Putin to really dislike MBS…

2 Likes

I gotta admire Callamard reamaining cool as a cucumber in the midst of this.

3 Likes

They weren’t punished for the initial murder, why would they be punished for any subsequent murders?

2 Likes

This!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.