Scary phrases magnetic poetry set

I have to dig up my notes because it was ages ago, but I think the idea is that you were a beat poet who was traveling across America. You had to stop at certain cool cities like New Orleans and San Francisco. You had a magnetic notebook for your poetry. I forget exactly how it was scored - though I remember it was more of a parlor game where it was more about having fun with your friends than a strategy type of game. We had gone as far as developing a board for it but think it was more just a fun thing for me and my friend to plan than a serious business idea.

1 Like

So, yeah, I have all the emails about the game stored on my home computer. I’ll dig it up and post up the idea.

Cool! It seriously does sound like a very fun game and you should really think about a kickstarter, maybe.

Back in the dark ages when we were first developing it, Kickstarter was not a thing. So sad. We were hoping the “MagPo” people (as we call them) would buy us out because they never came up with a good game on their own. But yeah, think I will hunt through the old files and see what we can do.

1 Like

Here’s my list:

• Hobby Lobby
  • Walmart
  • Microsoft
  • Monsanto
  • Bank of America
  • Supreme Court
  • Clarence Thomas
1 Like

GMO
Constitutional Originalism
judicial activism
Corporations are people
Money as free speech

Well, Kickstarter is a thing now, and whatever it’s limitations, it can do good things in this world, including making the production of this sort of culture for some sort of mass market a bit more accessible for us average folks. I say seriously think about going for it!

2 Likes

I’ve never backed anything on Kickstarter yet, but I’d gladly chip in a few bucks to make this happen.

1 Like

More dear leaders!

Unfortunately, I can’t change my display name to “Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-”.

1 Like

Y’all need an

“According to”

piece too

Oh that’s amazing. Thank you. I will dig around in my old files this weekend. I am fearful that they have gotten lost along the way but I hope I still have them.

2 Likes

Okay @Mindysan33 and @SmashMartian I have found my old notes on the game!!! Hoorray. I have a bunch of stuff to collate and sift through, but I’ll try to put together the rules and idea for the board design. Thanks for reminding me about it.

4 Likes

Yay! Let us know all about it!

1 Like

Pimhole

1 Like

Also a !!!1!!!ONE!!111!!ELEVEN!!! tile.

2 Likes

's Liberation Army
is codeword for
free market
racial purity
causes autism

1 Like

This chap’s a frigging natural.

3 Likes

I think that he got his hands on the set of wooden blocks that I made for an ex girlfriend… Don’t recall if I called them “Mental Blocks” or “Non Sequitur Blocks”

Was a stylish toolbox (with a lovely engraved brass plaque) that contained a bunch of word blocks mixed with a bunch of kid’s alphabet blocks.

2 Likes

Was she an ex before or after the present?

2 Likes