Schadenflying: the super-rich are getting ripped off like crazy on their private jet billings

If these are business expenses (wink, wink), then they write them off on their taxes. As a result, we taxpayers pick up approximately half the cost of these padded bills.

11 Likes

I don’t know if I could ever bring myself to do this, even though I applaud the Robin Hood-esque ethics of it.

1 Like

I usually go with “extract.” It really evokes that “puke digestive fluid onto the thing to destabilize it then slurp up the slurry through your proboscis” feel.

4 Likes

Psst… Schaden- , not Scahden-

6 Likes

Most people with private jets are writing that shit off on their taxes anyway.

Should read, “Hallowed private sector still screwing the taxpayer.”

2 Likes

or “The wealthy still screwing the taxpayer”

Plastic cups on a private jet. Fancy.

4 Likes

Only stands any chance of working, with an @doctorow (but no guarantees)

1 Like

I don’t know if I could stop myself.

1 Like

Well, it gave me a good idea what my next job should be, so there’s that.

I wonder, how much of this is actually the old ‘left pocket - right pocket’ game.

1 Like

It might help if you remember that they are almost certainly writing off the trip as some type of business expense so we’re subsidizing it.

Shouldn’t it be schadenfleigen (sorry to our German and Austrian members for mangling Deutsche!)?

1 Like

So less “eat the rich” and more “soak the rich”.

The correct writing would be “Schadenfliegen” although there is not such word. The proper word for this could be “Flugschaden” , but the translation for it is “flight damage” and I believe that that is not what the intention of the wording is. There is the option of “ Schaden Flug” that would translate into “loss flight”.

This behavior of overcharging is nothing new, it has beeing happening for a very, very long time. It is just dishonest, and not moraly justifiable.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.